Furnace /AC Fan

Tcat1019

We have just returned from our first trip when the furnace was required in our 2012 Sundance 3300CK (awsome layout for our family). I turned the thermostat to furnce and set temp to 72F. The furnace kicked in along with the overhead AC fan which seemed to blow cool air from the celing unit. Warm air blew through the floor vents for a while then stoped (most likely at temp) but the overhead AC/Fan continued to blow and would not shut off until i manually turned of at the thermstat??? anyone know what is up with this?

vesteroid

read a few post below this one it answers your question...and mine I came here for the same thing. Seems we accidently turned our fan to high or low instead of auto.

randybest

We had the same thing happen on our first trip in our 2012 Bighorn 3070. We love the coach, just not the cold. Can anybody help?

randybest

we do not have an auto on or Dometic thermostat. It only says on left side fan,cool, furnace, and on the bottom it says on/off mode. Itis digital read out, no slide.

danemayer

we do not have an auto on or Dometic thermostat. It only says on left side fan,cool, furnace, and on the bottom it says on/off mode. Itis digital read out, no slide.

Switch it to FAN mode with the On/Off button and then press the + or - key until it's in AUTO Fan mode.

dickgad

i just got back from my first trip with my new 2012 big country and had the same thing, seemed odd that the fan came on and would not shut off and was blowing cool air when furnace shut off fan only shut off when i turned it off

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Dickgad, is it the fan on the AC unit that is running, or the fan on the furnace?

Peace
Dave

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, easy fix. You need to go through the menu on the T-stat and set the fan to "Auto". The AC fan should not run with the furnace.

Peace
Dave

Swanny59

As the OP said, we were on our first trip which required the use of the heater. Williams, AZ temps in the mid to upper 20's at night. The first night our water hose and some of the pipes froze. We were using space heaters so no warm air went to the underbelly. The second night I knew we had to use the furnace and the A/C fan ran continuously. Glad I came here to look for a solution. Now I know what to do. ;)