Flex Guard under kitchen slide

HappyKayakers

When I hauled my BH back from repairs earlier this year, the flex guard under the kitchen slide dropped and wore thru enough to allow the 12v wiring to also be worn through by the tire. The factory sent me another flex guard (and paid for the repair of the wiring) but the new flex guard is doing the same thing. So, before this trip I applied some general purpose velcro under the slide to keep the flex guard and wiring up. After some rough roads, it came undone. At Rapid City, I switched to industrial strength velcro and that held up fine across the state, including some rough sections. The pic below is the general purpose. New stuff is in the same position.

Attachments

• velcro.jpg
    velcro.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 78

Forrest Fetherolf

HK,

Like yours, mine was rubbing the tire. I shortened the flex guard about 3" and rescrewed to frame, all is ok now.
Did you get my message earlier to check the clearance between the bottom of the kitchen slide and main flooring. The factory installed the rollers in the wrong area causing the plywood to bow and the slide to almost drag on the vinyl flooring. I moved the rollers to the outer edge of the slide and the center roller under the divider between the refrig and bank of drawers. Jim Fenner @ Heartland is shipping me extra rollers for more support on both the kitchen and bedroom slide.

Forrest

Uncle Rog

Happy, Forest, I have the same issue, when I fold up the slide I crawl underneath and pull the flex guard forward ahead of the tire and have put a small hose clamp on the pin on the slide end to keep it from sliding down. I will let my shop know about your roller fix Forest, I have the same problem, we are waiting for new vinyl, our last factory fix before being orphaned.....Roger

HappyKayakers

Forrest Fetherolf said:
HK,

Like yours, mine was rubbing the tire. I shortened the flex guard about 3" and rescrewed to frame, all is ok now.
Did you get my message earlier to check the clearance between the bottom of the kitchen slide and main flooring. The factory installed the rollers in the wrong area causing the plywood to bow and the slide to almost drag on the vinyl flooring. I moved the rollers to the outer edge of the slide and the center roller under the divider between the refrig and bank of drawers. Jim Fenner @ Heartland is shipping me extra rollers for more support on both the kitchen and bedroom slide.

Forrest
Hey Forrest,
Yep, I saw your earlier post but not before we left Amarillo. Haven't had any probs with our kitchen slide.