My next 5ver will have...

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I'm already dreaming of our next 5ver, and my list of must-haves is getting long. Maybe this is good place to tell folks what are the "MUST HAVES" for their 5ver. Will all the experienced folks on this forum...help us out???

my list so far:

slide toppers
double-pane windows
G rated tires
upgraded running gear
electric cord reel
fireplace
auto leveling system

Add to this, or give a good argument for why we need XYZ! Thanks!

E

jbeletti

Erika,

I know this is a one half of one percenter, but I'd like a dishwasher. In my 2009 Landmark Pinehurst, I had a single drawer Fisher&Paykel in place of the oven. LOVED it! It was nice for me traveling alone and extensively to just toss the dishes in there and when it was full, run it. So on a morning like today, where there are dishes from last night's dinner and will be more from this morning's breakfast, I'd just toss them in the dishwasher before we leave, travel with them in there - safely, and add tonights dinner dishes to it and wash them by hitting the button.

Lazy? Yes. Nice to have? YES. Is it for everyone? Certainly not. It takes a specific floor plan to fit one in, giving up of a cabinet or oven and some $$. Plus, not sure Heartland would do this unless we had a slow period.

Love your list.

ihsolutions

Room for the sofa to be permanently located across the rear of the coach, even while traveling. I sure hope Heartland is listening and brings that to the BH and BC lines. So many people at the national rally asked for this...

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
slide toppers I agree
double-pane windows We have these now
G rated tires We have these now
upgraded running gear We have Morryde IS now
electric cord reel
fireplace I agree
auto leveling system

As for the electric cord reel, yeah maybe. I would have to see one in action and determine how well they work and what makes them tick. Same with auto-level. I like gadgets that require little maintenance or have a minimal chance of causing problems.

I would go for the disc brake option as others have mentioned. Also if it could be made available, a clear coat finish over the gel coat finish on the front & rear caps.

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
One year old rig and I too dream of the next one when the DW retires. Love all the ideas as they cover everything i would want, but Jim's dishwasher would sure be the sale clincher for the DW even if you had to hang it from the ceiling

brianharrison

In addition to the already mentioned ideas
  • external mounted sensors for tanks with upgraded level indication (percent, not idiot lights),
  • no carpet in living area (bedroom OK),
  • electric steps
Brian

jpdoggett

slide toppers We have this on all four slides
double-pane windows We which we had this
G rated tires We have this
upgraded running gear We which we had this
electric cord reel We have this Love this
fireplace We have this Love this
auto leveling system We which we had this
Washer & Dryer We have this the wife likes this
Second AC We have this
Dish Washer would be OK
Disc Brakes would be good
Central vac Have thisexternal mounted sensors for tanks with upgraded level indication Had this on SOB Rig was great, worked all the time
no carpet in living area (bedroom OK), I DW and I have talked about this many times
electric steps

bdb2047

In addition to the already mentioned ideas
  • external mounted sensors for tanks with upgraded level indication (percent, not idiot lights),
  • no carpet in living area (bedroom OK),
  • electric steps
Brian
We ordered ours without carpet in living room was not a problem to do and no additional charge.It has a 6" strip of carpet in front of door side slide and carpet in slide .We travel w/pets works well for us.

Last edited:

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
While we are just wishing, I will take everything mentioned above. However there was a manufacturer of motorhomes and 5th wheels until 2008 that probably packed more goodies into their units as standard than any other manufacturer. It was Alfa, and their Gold series really didn't even have an option list. it just came fully loaded.

Now if the Landmark was like that, then I think Heartland would have something but I think that might be a very small niche market - not worth the return for HL to go after.

lwmcguir

We purchased a Landmark due to the included options. Would add a few more next time to avoid having to upgrade the axles and brakes as well as the suspension and pin.

dalspot

As we have barely broken in our 2012 Sundance, I'd have to say a queen size bed in a king-size space!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Wow! Great suggestions!! Yes, Heartland, here's some great marketing advice in this thread!

I forgot about the dishwasher, I would kill for that. My DH does the cooking and I clean up. That's the rules. The better the meal tastes, the messy-er the kitchen is! While cleaning up, I remember saying, "I wish I had a dishwasher". And DH said, "I have one, you can use mine!" NOT funny.

E

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Wow! Great suggestions!! Yes, Heartland, here's some great marketing advice in this thread!

I remember saying, "I wish I had a dishwasher". And DH said, "I have one, you can use mine!" NOT funny.

E

LOL, yes it is.

Peace
Dave

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
When we ordered our new Landmark Key Largo, we knew that we would have it for a good while. So therefor we added just about everything on this list. I did not get any upgraded suspension or disc brakes. Did not know they were an option. We did get all the other options mentioned except a electric step. This I don't think is an option with any manufacturer. I have not even seen one on the internet that was available. I may be wrong. And as far as a dishwasher goes, we do them normally after dinner and we share that duty also.

The couch in the rear was a big item for us. We really were considering the rear entertainment center and after a long process decided that sitting in our recliners across from the Television was a must. The RE center would be hard for us both to see the television.

So we are VERY Satisfied with our NEW HOME. The only thing I think we could have done better was that NEW FULL BODY PAINT JOB.

Pizzaguy

In addition to all the other great ideas...
Second A/C -we will be adding that next year
110V light over the dining table.The 12V one is useless for any reading at the table.