Clothes Closet

Just bought our model 185 last week and made a modification in the pantry. I removed two top shelves and added a closet rod with material I purchased at Lowes. I made sure the mounting screws for the supports were the same length as the ones holding the shelf supports and also used clear Gorilla glue to hold them in place.

We may not always need them, but my wife always carries some dresses and I usually pack a jacket for rain. If we don't need them the rod can be removed and the shelves replaced.

Our first trip starts tomorrow and we are looking forward to it. This is the first travel trailer we have owned after having three pop-ups. As we are getting older it was harder to get to the cabinets on the floor and the MPG seems to be a better idea for us as setting up will be much easier.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Mediacowboy and welcome to the forum. This is a great place to share information such as your mod. Sounds like it was a good idea.
We would like to see some pics of that. You will have to wait till you have the required number of posts however.
Enjoy your first trip.

Peace
Dave

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
Good idea to use the Gorilla glue. That stuff would hold the moon in the sky. I had to redo the closet rod a couple of times. The problem? DW likes to put 100lb of clothes on a 25lb rod. Now it is held up with plumbers strap, and if it comes down the shelf will come with it. Good luck on your trip. Stay safe and happy camping.