Dehumidifier recommendation

wyleyrabbit

Not sure if there's a more appropriate forum for this question.

Throughout the year, we go camping at least a weekend or two a month, even in the "winter". To be clear, here in the Pacific Northwest, we don't get prairie-style winters, but usually a few degrees above freezing, almost no snow, and a ton of rain. Needless to say, it's very humid outside and inside at that time of year. I've looked at a few websites dehumidifiers tend to be all over the map in price, features, noise level, etc. I'm also not sure what size we should get, considering that while we have only ~350 square feet, we're likely much more humid in the winter than a regular house.

Does anyone have any recommendations for an electric dehumidifier for use in our Bighorn?

Gaffer

Don't recall whilch one I got last year might have been 35 pint. (it is in storage now). I connected a hose to it and let it drain into the shower. It lowered the humidity from around 75% to the mid fifties in a couple of days. Amazing how much water collected in the bucket I had at the sewer pipe outlet.

Crumgater

We're in the Seattle area - so familiar with the humid conditions. So far, we've just been using the dri-z-air style pellets (there are a number of options for these now). And, we only put out the containers when the unit's in storage. Some of the newer styles are more fashionable for leaving out long-term. They seem to do a good job for us.

A lot of the electric dehumidifiers will have pretty hefty power ratings, so you might need to keep an eye on the amps.

-Tina

wyleyrabbit

Yes, we use the Dri-Z-Air pellets too, when we have the trailer in storage. Works great.

We're after an electric one for use when we go out camping in the colder part of the year, and humidity in the trailer runs around 85-90+%. Since we only camp over weekends in the winter, electricity is included in our campground fees. :) That said, if the dehumidifier is going to use 15A, then that's not going to leave us much room for the fireplace, tv, microwave, etc.

Thanks!

Chris