Move Spare Tire Mount

cking

I own a 2010 31QBS and recently replaced the factory bias-ply tires with Maxxis radials of the same size (205 75 R14). The spare tire is mounted beneath the trailer tongue/A-frame. The radials make the trailer ride a bit lower, resulting in the spare dragging when going over uneven ground. (We have a bit of a "hump" to get over when pulling from our storage lot onto the highway). To avoid damage to the spare, I've taken it off of the trailer completely and carry it in the trailer or the tow vehicle. It would be nice the have the option to mount the spare on the back of the trailer.

If anyone has suggestions on how to modify my current trailer to relocate the spare, I would appreciate hearing them.

PeternLiane

How is the back bumper arranged? You might be able to attach one of the spare tire hangers that attach to the back bumper. I had one our first TT It worked very well.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Our first North Trail was an early model and had a metal bumper. We purchesed a spare tire carrier from Camping World and it worked great. We also had the a problem with the spare dragging. Some of the North Trail do not have this type bumper.

Attachments

• 100_0417.jpg
    100_0417.jpg
    334.1 KB · Views: 73
  • 100_0418.jpg
    100_0418.jpg
    302.5 KB · Views: 57

GaryWT

We carry ours tire in the truck. Took it off so it would not drag pulling in and out of the driveway, now if I could figure out how to keep the bumber, rear jacks and grey tank pipe from dragging without using boards to get in and out of the driveway...