FIXED: NT - Soft spot in kitchen floor

rich300

I have a 2008 North Trail 28BHS travel trailer that has developed a significant soft spot in the kitchen floor. There is no visible evidence looking at the underbelly of any leaks. The soft spot is in the very center of the floor from side to side in a line with the LED display of the half-time oven and the heat vent that exits the bench at the kitchen table. Any thoughts on what the cause may be or what I should do to inspect the damaged area? I am not sure what material (wood or otherwise) is used for floor support under the OSB or plywood.

Fire123

Re: ATF: North Trail - Soft spot in kitchen floor

Hi. Contact Jim Fenner at Heartland. I have the same camper and my whole floor was soft. I just dropped it off at the factory in Elkhart Indiana this past thursday and they are going to replace the whole floor for free, even though its out of warranty. Suppose to take 3 weeks. Apparently this has happened in about 15 trailers of that model year so far, that he knows of. He said they have not isolated the problem. It just seems to happen. And you can get a tour to see how they are built. That was cool. Let me know if you want some more info.

rich300

Thank you to the folks at Heartland for helping me solve this problem. Heartland went above and beyond!

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired

So good to hear! We have always had good experiences but it seems that those that have bad experiences are the ones that pop up on the forum more often!

Way to go, Heartland! Proud of you!

OBX-GL

Yes ! I haven't needed to contact Heartland directly for anything but stories like this sure make me feel good/proud to have purchased a Heartland product.
IMHO this is how company's create brand loyalty, specifically with those of us that didn't have major issues and therefore don't recognize the importance of great manufacturer support and might other wise be tempted towards another brand. Way to go Heartland.

Thalvor

I have a 2008 BHS also and the floor has been very soft since new. dealer tried to say it was the "new design" but looking at heartland brochures this is supposed to be one of the least flexing floors on the market. for all the advertising of how incredibly strong thier floor is, i would think they would repair it free when it feels like the weakest floor i have ever stood on. It doesn't seem heartland agrees as of yet.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
I have a 2008 BHS also and the floor has been very soft since new. dealer tried to say it was the "new design" but looking at heartland brochures this is supposed to be one of the least flexing floors on the market. for all the advertising of how incredibly strong thier floor is, i would think they would repair it free when it feels like the weakest floor i have ever stood on. It doesn't seem heartland agrees as of yet.

Heartland did not use the new laminated floor systems back on 2008....