ATF: Greystone - Satellite connection

mjr45

Just got back from short trip with our new 29MK. I had spoken to a factory rep about the satellite connections and thought I had it figured out, bur I guess not. There are RCA plugs in the open shelf below the TV and there is a coax connection with 1 cable going in and 1 open, this also has the signal amplifier. I plugged the satellite dish coax into the dish reciever from the open coax plug, the RCA plugs from the reciever into the open plugs, turned off the signal amplifier and got nothing. I was told this was the correct way to hook it up, but wonder if the RCA connectors don't go to the TV which only has 1 set of inputs (Sansui TV). Any suggestions?

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Try bypassing the wiring in your coach by running a line from your dish through the receiver to your TV. If you get a signal you will know the problem is with the wiring in your coach, if not you still have some trouble shooting to do.

mjr45

I tried running the dish coax directly to the reciever with no luck, but couldn't run the RCA plugs to the TV, which I suspect is the problem. We willl try again next time out.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Did you try running just the RG-6 cable from the dish to the input on the receiver and then RG-6 out to the TV? That should confirm you at least have signal.

JSalapka

The RCA plugs are for the rear speakers for surround sound. You run the RCA cable from your TV to the open plugs. Turn your cd player on aux.The signal amplifier is for the roof top antenna. That plug is used for cable and roof top antenna. The other one should say satellite,hook your receiver up just as you would at home. We also have a 29MK and that's how I do and it works great.

mjr45

Just so I understand, run RG6 from the dish to the sat. in the UPC, then from the open coax port in the cabinet to the sat. reciever, run the RCA plugs from the sat. reciever directly to the TV (this is how its set up at home, no RG6 from reciver to TV). If the RCA plugs in the cabinet are for surround sound, why is there a video plug there?

JSalapka

That's correct on the RG6 cable. I use a HDMI cable from the tv to the sat. Receiver and the RCA cable from the tv to the the plugs in the self. I don't use the video ( yellow ) plug. The video cable might be used on the units with a DVD player. Just my guesss hope it helps.