Luxury 5th wheel ?!

twohappycampers

:) this is me now that I came to understand: We own what Heartland calls a "Luxury Fifth Wheel" not a luxury" House"! So, to expect the best quality materials, the best quality workmanship, is asking for continual frustration. Am I right?!

That said, I'm loving our Big Country!! :D

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
I think we all expect the best! Personally, I got just what I paid for and it's living up to my expectations! Loving our Bighorn!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Come to think of it (I do my best thinking after I click post) it was awesome this past weekend. John was outside dumping tanks and preparing to leave. There was a Cedar Creek parked next to us. The man was watching John so he sparked up a conversation. The gentleman was totally set back by the amount of "luxury" items on our coach. He was in awe of the UDC, had never seen an electric cord reel and never heard of Level-Up! Glad I was thinking when I spent my money....

noobee

:) this is me now that I came to understand: We own what Heartland calls a "Luxury Fifth Wheel" not a luxury" House"! So, to expect the best quality materials, the best quality workmanship, is asking for continual frustration. Am I right?!

That said, I'm loving our Big Country!! :D

IMHO: the term LUXURY is extremely mis-used!!!!!!!!!!! The only LUXURY 5th Wheel/Travel Trailer that I have been in is a New Horizon

CS

Last edited by a moderator:

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
IMHO: the term LUXURY is extremely mis-used!!!!!!!!!!! The only LUXURY 5th Wheel/Travel Trailer that I have been in is a New Horizon

CS

Friends of ours who own a New Horizon, with MAJOR problems would probably disagree with that...

Last edited by a moderator:

twohappycampers

WHOA!! my friends!:eek: I didn't mean to start something here! And thank you, noobee, for understanding - I feel better now. I couldn't sleep last night after the other replies to my post, feeling I'd really stepped on some toes, unintentionally.

I can only say that I guess "luxury" means one thing to some and another thing to others, and that's okay. I bought with my eyes wide open, knew what I was getting for my money, and was very happy and still am! :D I was prepared to have to buy better quality furniture, curtains, carpeting, etc. along the way to be truly satisfied with this as my permanent home. And it's fun!

PEACE?? :angel:

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Hey Lorna, You didn't start something but CS is correct depending on your definition of luxury. To me "luxury" means having the level up system and not have to stack blocks or back on boards. It means having the cord reel so neither of us has to lug that heavy 50 amp cord and worry about leaving it behind someday. In other words "it's the simple things that make the work associated with RVing a simple pleasure"! To me that's "luxury". As a matter of fact if it's not in a tent - it's luxury livin'!

noobee

Hey Lorna, You didn't start something but CS is correct depending on your definition of luxury. To me "luxury" means having the level up system and not have to stack blocks or back on boards. It means having the cord reel so neither of us has to lug that heavy 50 amp cord and worry about leaving it behind someday. In other words "it's the simple things that make the work associated with RVing a simple pleasure"! To me that's "luxury". As a matter of fact if it's not in a tent - it's luxury livin'!

IMHO: Things like LevelUp, Power Cord Reels, etc would be in the category of 'Well Appointed'... Luxury would be the quality workmanship mainly of the interior including wood work, fixtures, etc.

BTW: twohappycampers, I was not trying to step on your toes nor do I feel that you stepped on mine..........

PS: I know that there are some here that really get their backs up when you express an opinion that differs from theirs.......

CS

twohappycampers

Hi there and thanks! Now that's cleared up:) How someone understands a word makes all the difference, hey? And I can be overly sensitive at times, too. :eek: Take good care - Lorna

irvin56

Luxury to me was going from a 1976 21Ft prowler with the very basics. And no slide. To a 31Qbs with quad bunks and everything (new) to me (first owner). North trail is a lower line then yours and the Higher Landmarks. But to me and family it was like going from night to day and sleeping 10 people comfortably, instead of 4 and tripping over everyone. Although it will be better luxury when I do buy bigger and better.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
IMHO: Things like LevelUp, Power Cord Reels, etc would be in the category of 'Well Appointed'... Luxury would be the quality workmanship mainly of the interior including wood work, fixtures, etc.

BTW: twohappycampers, I was not trying to step on your toes nor do I feel that you stepped on mine..........

PS: I know that there are some here that really get their backs up when you express an opinion that differs from theirs.......

CS

I did not "get my back up" concerning your opinion...I was simply stating a fact. We have a friend who purchased a 2011 custom built $200K New Horizon...not only have they had major problems with the braking system (still does not work), been thru 3 new A/C's, plus many other smaller issues...BUT, the cabinet door under the sink in the island, literally just broke in half, for no apparent reason before they owned it a month. They've been fighting the manufacturer since the day they picked it up and have even discussed the "L" word.

Not to mention another friend who owns another custom 2011 New Horizon...his sliding, mirrored closet door was so thin and flimsy, not only did it "wiggle" in and out under the slightest pressure, it broke in half on it's way home from the factory...brand new...so much for quality woodwork and fixtures...at least in my opinion...

I think I'd rather have a "well appointed" 5er with the kind of workmanship my Bighorn has...cabinets and woodwork are just fine after 4 years, and my mirrored closet door is of MUCH higher quality than what I saw in the NH, actually it's a nice residential quality...I guess that's my idea of a "Luxury" 5er. JMHO.