Stackable washer and dryer

twohappycampers

We have a 3450 TS Big Country and want to install a stackable washer and dryer, any suggestions as to what brands and models that fit as well as how to vent the dryer? Thanks ahead of time for any help.

jbeletti

Heartland generally designs around the Splendide brand of stackable washer/dryers. The dryer generally vents directly out the side of the RV.

Is this the type of information you are looking for?

Jim

twohappycampers

Heartland generally designs around the Splendide brand of stackable washer/dryers. The dryer generally vents directly out the side of the RV.

Is this the type of information you are looking for?

Jim

More specifically, I'd like to know what other brands of stackables (Whirlpool, Kenmore, Maytag, ?) anyone else may have installed in their 2011 Big Country 3450TS. Or in models with the identical washer/dryer area. Thanks again.

soilmovers

We have a Majestic and they work great.
\

Can you elaborate on how they work? I would love to add them but wonder if they will work for heavy clothes, jeans, work shirts, etc. How does it do on bath towels?

Appreciate any feedback.

Birchwood

If we installed a stackable washer and dryer in our Landmark we would have to redesign
our laundry closet by removing cloths bars and shelves.I personally would not want
a dryer on top of my washer unless we didn't haul the unit and then it wouldn't be an
issue.We have a top loading Danby washer as I mentioned earlier(our park in Canada
allows cloths lines).If we went with a washer/dryer it would be a combo unit.Our washer
is easily straped to the floor during travel with the agitator secured with the shipping styrfoam
put in place before each departure.

caissiel

We went with the Combo Splendid 2100 unit 6 years ago and never regret the decision. The combo can dry 11lbs compared to the stackable at 13lbs. To us it was not worth the sacrifice of the space and weight required for a dryer. The Spendide washer spins at 1200 rpm and the cloths is esier to dry. So other make and models were never a consideration. We use the unit almost everyday since we owned it, because we have been fulltiming since then and washing has been a none event due to the ease of washing/Drying in one setup.

My observation has been that most RV's are not build for the larger 2100 model and the reputation has been that they don't wash or dry enough. Even $300K units had the smaller model and the closet was never deep enough for the 2100 model. But the smaller model is now not listed so I can say they have learn to save the 2100.

I had to remove the door frame to install my W/D but it fits great in the closet of the 3500RL BC. So I would think someone has missed the design requirements for the Combo unit. It fit perfectly in the previous 1995 model unit.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
In our previous sob we had Splendid combo. It worked great. We opted for the stackable in our Landmark because we could dry something and wash something else at the same time. They Majestic stackables work great too. They clean the clothes including towels and jeans very well. The blanket and comforter are too large for the stackables so we have to use a commercial or home machines. The stackables do an excellent job of cleaning the clothes and we love the convenience of being able to do laundry right in the RV

soilmovers

In our previous sob we had Splendid combo. It worked great. We opted for the stackable in our Landmark because we could dry something and wash something else at the same time. They Majestic stackables work great too. They clean the clothes including towels and jeans very well. The blanket and comforter are too large for the stackables so we have to use a commercial or home machines. The stackables do an excellent job of cleaning the clothes and we love the convenience of being able to do laundry right in the RV

Thank you. that is the information I needed!