RV furniture - any weight issues?

We would like to replace the two recliners in our Oakmont and would like to put a Lazyboy wallhugger love seat in their place. Can anyone tell me if there are furniture weight limitations that we need to consider when replacing the factory installed furniture? I know the recliners sure are heavy when we relocate them & they are on one of the living room slide.

Thanks everyone!
Patti
2010 Heartland Landmark Oakmont
Port Republic MD

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I think it's a pretty close trade off. I was a bit concerned along the same lines. We have swapped out our couch/sleeper and both recliners for a loveseat recliner and a single Lazy Boy and a small freezer in the rear corner.

Crumgater

I went searching for weight limits for the slide-out rooms, but couldn't come up with anything other than limits on the Lippert gears which are somewhere between 1500 and 4000 lbs. Minus the weight of the room itself - not sure what that leaves for furniture and storage capacity. I'd love to know what the limit is for weight capacity on the rooms - and what the side-to-side balance needs to be within as well.

I watched a ClassA pull in their slide room with four large people sitting at the dinette. The motor didn't sound too happy about that weight load. We're trying to be a bit nicer to our rig.

-T

rebootsemi

I went searching for weight limits for the slide-out rooms, but couldn't come up with anything other than limits on the Lippert gears which are somewhere between 1500 and 4000 lbs. Minus the weight of the room itself - not sure what that leaves for furniture and storage capacity. I'd love to know what the limit is for weight capacity on the rooms - and what the side-to-side balance needs to be within as well.

I watched a ClassA pull in their slide room with four large people sitting at the dinette. The motor didn't sound too happy about that weight load. We're trying to be a bit nicer to our rig.

-T

Now that's just wrong operating the slide with four wide bodies sitting there stuffing their faces, the motor should have said move your fat a**'s and I will work again.

Birchwood

We swapped out our fake leather recliners with real leather ones and the replacements
are much lighter that the original.You have a 2800 lb cargo limit so you will have to
calculate the weight of your cargo on board.You have a big rig but your tow vehicle
is not listed.If your tow vehicle was a 3/4 ton I could see your concern .

Thanks everyone for the feedback :) We tow with a Ford F350 dualy. Also thought I'd look on both furniture manufacturer's websites to try to determine weight. This forum certainly is a wealth of information!