ATF: Big Country - Cedar Lined Closets

While looking at our rig, we saw a Big Country with dear lined closets. Does Heartland sell this as an option for us to install in our 350rl?

My wife really liked that cedar lined closet so I was thinking of installing it as an option for her.

Thanks

B

bwwalczak

Depending on the model, there may be a cedar lined insert in the front wall.

I wonder if those cedar lined closets would keep out other insects in the rest of the camper?

This was my thought in installing it. This option give the coach a custom look. I also noticed less of a formaldehyde smell in this particular coach.

I have my eye on some T&G cedar from a local mill and may get going on this project. I will update with pictures if i do it.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Liquid Nails and some T&G cedar wall covering I had laying around for decades now graces the closet on our 3670. The edge trim was "custom made" in my garage from some rough-sawn cedar I had left over from a storage cabinet I made for our deck. Other than the slightly confined work space, it's a pretty easy modification. Depending on the design of your closet wall, you may not be able to cover all of it. Mine curves on the bottom under the cabinet, so I stopped it before that. Same behind the washer/dryer on the other side. I did this last summer, and it's still holding tight.

View attachment 15974View attachment 15975View attachment 15976

Bob Vaughn

In the center photo, the shelf above the clothes bar, is the top of that shelf also cedar? I see the front and back. Our front trim on that shelf broke on our last trip out from flexing up and down on I-95 coming thru Sc. back in July.....

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
In the center photo, the shelf above the clothes bar, is the top of that shelf also cedar? I see the front and back. Our front trim on that shelf broke on our last trip out from flexing up and down on I-95 coming thru Sc. back in July.....

No, the front edge of the shelf is whatever they installed at the factory. I applied cedar only to the wall surfaces.