Midland, TX

cjbearden

Visitor
Thursday, May 9, we were heading South on Hwy 59 near Midland, TX and saw another BH heading North. We all frantically waved. Anyone on this forum? We spent two nights at Marina Village Resort near Trinity, TX (a Coast to Coast Resort park). It is located on Lake Livingston, nestled among tall trees and at the edge of the lake. Got to see many types of birds and ducks. Survived a pretty big thunderstorm on the second night.

Returned to Benton today via Hwy 59N to I-30 East. For quite a while we have thought we had a black tank sensor problem but this morning, we find we have an emptying valve blockage. Will be working on figuring that out tomorrow!! :confused: :mad:

jpmorgan37

cjwigley2;

I've had the problem several times and the way I solved it was to use this: http://www.campingworld.com/browse/...ydro-Flush-with-AntiSiphon-Valve/skunum=14496 in conjunction with a termination cap. Put this on the sewer outlet, put the termination cap on the Hydroflush, make sure that the dump valve is open before you turn the water on and then give it a blast. Each time I did it it opened the drain and dumped the way it was supposed to.

John

cjbearden

Visitor
Thanks, jpmorgan37

We appreciate sharing your experience and we are definitely going to give your suggestion a try. We really don't want to have to get into the underbelly so hope this works. JD said something has been trying to block on our last few trips but this morning it totally jammed the valve and didn't jar loose during our trip home. We have used ice and dawn to clean on last two trips and thought things were fine. Just one more thing in our long list of BH woes. Jim Fenner at HL and Mike at RV Capital have really helped us a lot. Scheduled to be back at RVC on the 29th to complete some repair work so if we can't get the valve unjammed, will let the pros have a "look see"!

See you at the Rally!
Carolyn

jpmorgan37

Carolyn;

By the way. Make sure to close off the dump valve before you remove the termination cap. That way, all that comes out is fresh water. Then hook up your sewer hose and let her rip. It should be fine.

John

HappyKayakers

CJ, You might also want to check //heartlandowners.org/search.php?searchid=70970
I had a problem similar to yours and got some interesting input from others.