Water on floor by toilet

Gaffer

A week or so ago Karol noticed some water on the floor near the back of the toilet. Appears to be clean water and not obvious where it was coming from. Got on the floor with a flashlight and tissue and just can't see anything. The hand knob that attaches the supply to the toilet seemed pretty tight but I was able to tighten it just a bit more and seemed to stop the problem. Last night noticed a small amount of water (5" diameter) on the floor it the same place. Any suggestions on what to do next? Porclean stool with foot pedal on the right facing the toilet. Not sure of the model number.

rebootsemi

A week or so ago Karol noticed some water on the floor near the back of the toilet. Appears to be clean water and not obvious where it was coming from. Got on the floor with a flashlight and tissue and just can't see anything. The hand knob that attaches the supply to the toilet seemed pretty tight but I was able to tighten it just a bit more and seemed to stop the problem. Last night noticed a small amount of water (5" diameter) on the floor it the same place. Any suggestions on what to do next? Porclean stool with foot pedal on the right facing the toilet. Not sure of the model number.

I assume it is a Dometic toilet, on our Sundance the control valve had a very small crack in it. Would only leak when you depressed the pedal to supply water to the toilet. Try depressing the pedal a little to start the water and see if a leak appears. This valve is very easy to replace if that is the problem, ordered one from camping world.

twohappycampers

We've been experiencing a similar puddle. And tightening that knob seems to stop it for a few days, then we find the puddle again. So we retighten it. I'm assuming the movement of the trailer, although slight, loosens the knob from time to time. l'll add it to my dealer-list. We're stationary and a half-hour's drive from the dealer, so we keep a running list and have them come out to attend to a number of things at once.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I had a SOB with not one, but two different defective valves located behind the toilet. It was replaced twice. The third one finally worked. Had almost the same symptoms as you're having.
Seems there must be a few of those defective buggers floating around

Gaffer

Thanks for the replys. We are stationaly. The problem started about a month after we got to our current site. We have not moved since. I will look at the valve this weekend.

bdb2047

Had similar problem would not leak all the time but find puddle ocasionally.Fitting at valve was cros threaded redid connection and it solved issue.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Besides the water valve, check the clamp ring that secures the toilet bowl to the base. After replacing the seals, I found that where the screw clamp was positioned made a difference in how secure the seal was. If it's loosened, you will get seepage from the bowl, which is clean water until you put something in it :eek:.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
At the top rear of the toilet is the vacuum breaker valve. This valve is a press in valve that fits into a white rubber grommet in the toilet. Depending on your toilet model, access this valve and make sure it's securely in place. Don't push it in too far though you'll block the water flow.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
We had the same thing last year at Winchester. It was a crack in the valve in the foot pedal. A trip to the dealer in Coos Bay and some time on the floor for Mark fixed it.

Kristy

Gaffer

View attachment Dometic 310 toilet.pdf

Thanks for all your replys. The model is 310 and one piece. No band to seperate. The installation and operation manusl (attached) is pretty clear as to what to do. I didn't have time to google Sealand until this morning. As always the forum members are a wealth of information having been there and done that. Great folks willing to share.

larryanddonnakeever

Past Oklahoma Chapter Leaders (Founding)
I just had a simular problem with water at rear of toilet. I had to get down on my knees with a flash light, looked all over the rear. Found a small leak at the fill valve where the water supply comes into the toilet and the hose goes up to the top there was a crack in the seam. Went to a RV dealer in Georgetown Tx. they had the valve. Real easy to change out. It came with a hose clamp because you have to cut the other clamp off. No more water in floor... Hope that helps.

SmokeyBare

Wrapping a few layers of Toilet paper around the suspected part that might be leaking will give you a better answer...
it quickly wicks even the smallest of leaks.

Wmnmy

Our last trip yielded water on the floor leaked out from halfv way up the 310 dometic toilet replaced seal would not hold water and urine leaked out before I could flush onto the floor . I called dometic and spoke to Heidi in warranty dept she was so nice . Long story short they are sending me a brand new toilet for free..... Had to use the phone camera to get info off sticker couldn't see it otherwise .

Brandon.Prewitt

Mine was similar but we deduced that is was condensation from showering without the vent fan on. I'll look at this valve again.

Wmnmy

Mine was similar but we deduced that is was condensation from showering without the vent fan on. I'll look at this valve again.[/QUOTE
i thought mine was from the shower so I caulked everything and it was water still showing up on the floor I filled toilet with water then watched as it slowly leaked from the middle of the toilet .