Ramp Door Issues

Sandpirate69

I've been reviewing the Cyclon site and have noticed numerous folks having problems with the ramp door. Anyone here have problems with theirs? Delamination or softness around the mounting bolts?

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
If you can...take pix, call HL and your dealer on Monday. The ramp doors are made by Lippert, so you might give them a call also.

don46

I have that very problem, in the center of the door it sags about 5" when standing on it and 3 by itself. There is no way it will support 1000 lbs per contact point. My unit is A 2010 and I did call Lippert, where they told me the unit was only warranted for a year. It started with a bubble down the center of the door and now I'm afraid to stand on it.
. Picture 035.jpgPicture 025.jpg

Sandpirate69

It's amazing that even the manufacturer refuses to help you out. It will be very interesting for me to see how the door holds up for me. Hunting season starts this coming weekend here in Florida. Which means, I will be loading & unloading my Polaris numerous times by years end. I honestly have not looked at my door. But, I will be looking for bubbles in the interior & exterior. I have only had this unit since June of this year. I had a Jayco before and I most have used the ramp maybe 80 times before hunting ended last year and not an issue. I really like my rig, but i'm starting to see numerous issues. I think purchasing the extended warranty may have been a good choice.

Did Lippert offer to repair it? Did Lippert offer any suggestions on what the true cause of this ramp door issue? Thanks for the information. Just bracing for the worst and hoping for the best. I will be loading about 1200lbs on the ramp.

Last edited:

don46

it appears that my problem is a delamination, I think the plywood was glued to the foam creating a structure that was solid, once it failed there was just foam, plywood, and fiberglass. I bet I haven't used my door more than 20 times, I thought I was the only one with the problem, but it appears to be more widespread than I first thought. I too bought the extended warranty, and haven't thought of using it, in fact, I didn't think there was a snowballs chance they would cover it. Maybe I'll try them if all else fails.