Making use of space

Pulltab

We just picked up our Bighorn yesterday. First thing I always do it tear into it to see how it is made. First observation is the space underneath the steps is just a waste. A hinged step could be made and it could be used for many things. Just a thought.

tspearcy

Buddy Bear's Mom and Dad
Thermostat Controls

One item that I wish the factory had considered before installing the controls in the narrow hallway at shoulder/hip level . . .why not recess them in a box or frame so folks don't have to worry about hitting those tiny little black levers and breaking them off. You have to watch carrying items thru the doorway. It sure would have been user friendly to either relocate them higher on the wall (above shoulder height) or recess them.:mad:

ChopperBill

I notice a friends Jayco had a narrower toilet room than ours. Then I discovered his hall was was wider and I fit through it better. You take some and you give some.

Pulltab

I don't know about the other units (I have the 2925) but our kitchen light switches are in the closet! So we have to open the closet every morning and night to turn on and off. They were installed 10" from the hallway, why were they not put there? That is where I am going to have to move them to as that was a crazy thought for placement:eek:

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Pulltab,
I had the same issue. Especially with our coach, we "had" the large single mirrored door that we would have to open to turn on the living room and kitchen lights and porch light. So I decided to add additional switches in the hall area above the thermostat. I ordered the same (3) switch wall plate from Heartland that we currently have at the bathroom sink and wired them in series with the current switches (kitchen,living and porch)inside the mirrored closet.
I noted that we "had" a large single mirrored door because I have recently converted it to (2) mirrored doors just like the newer coaches. Our large single door would come open during travel and I was afraid that it would eventually break.

Anyway hope this helps and good luck to you,
Mark

ChopperBill

Ours are in the closet also. The big concern was getting up in the middle of the night and being able to see going down the steps. Put one of those round push on-off battery operated lights in the hall way (above shoulder height) and pretty much fixed the light deal. However, I may end up putting a switch in another location. Kind of a PITA behind the door.