Cab over bedroom clearance.

Thomasnc

I'm thinking about purchasing a cyclone titanium edition with the bed in the upper nose. I would like opinions from owners. How is the headroom clearance up front? Any pros or cons?
Thank you

Urban350

The disadvantages that I have noticed are that you get a smaller wardrobe. As for head room I do notice it that much but I have hit my head once climbing in, but that may be due to the 3" mattress topper on the mattress, and it is a little bit of a climb. Any more questions feel free to ask.

Tim

Thomasnc

Thank you for the reply. Does the bedroom seem bigger with bed turned north to south versus the standard east west direction?

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
If you want a larger bedroom why not have a small slide on the vanity side of the bedroom like many of the DoubleTree RVs have. It could be an option. Really opens up the bedroom.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
If your worried about head room, I would purchase a full profile rig, as opposed to a mid profile.
I had a mid profile SOB for two years. After hitting my head on the low side of the bdrm ceiling about 4 dozen times, (I am only 5'11) I traded up to a full profile.
My advice would be to spend some time in various Heartland rigs at the dealer, exploring such details and then make your decision.
Although I do like the overall look of the Titanium, Trace

Last edited:

Urban350

Thank you for the reply. Does the bedroom seem bigger with bed turned north to south versus the standard east west direction?

The 300C that I have, the bedroom has lots of extra space at the foot of the bed. If you want lots of room to get dressed it has it.

71stang99

Bed does sit up high but I like it (300c). I do have the 'bedroom' 2nd AC unit and have to watch out for that as i am 6'2".

BarneyFife

I'm only 5'8". Haven't had any head problems yet. We were a little worried about the design before we purchased but now that we have it, we love it. Maybe its just me, but the whole rig pulls really well and stable and I think a large part is the aerodynamics of the nose versus the typical fifth wheel design.

adam

Just switched over from a Cyclone 3800 to a new Cyclone 370C;

Regarding your questions about the master bedroom, As you know the Ti nose is stepped. At 6'1" I have plenty of headroom at the first level. At the second level the fit is tight for me but my 5'7" wife still stands upright after stepping up the short rise in the second step. As far as exiting the bed you need to do it from the side as exiting from the foot of the bed is quite a reach to the floor. It should go without saying that the small wardrobe slide is much smaller than a full size closet but it is still more than adequate for a couple, further you can place a couple of small storage/bins etc in the wardrobe underneath your cloths.
The master bath in the 370c is very spacious, large vanity, lots of storage and a really good size shower - it fits two.

As many have beat up the Ti design before about storage you just have to rethink the way you pack.
Here is a true comparison:
In our storm damaged 3800 that was replaced by our new 370c I carried the following in the basement:
Power hoses, Pail/wash/mop stuff/ Extension cords/Water hoses/2 large outdoor grass mats/Tool Box/Sewer hoses/Extra stuff for the dogs/chocks/levelling pads/5 large RV chairs/spare 20lb propane tank and our small Coleman BBQ..........................When the new 370c arrived I was able to fit EVERYTHING in from the above list except the chairs/BBQ and propane tank!
So really all things considered if you pack carefully you will do just fine.

As I have mentioned in my other posts, the towing dynamics of the 370c are just amazing. I put a full vote behind the benefits of the nose design from a hauling standpoint.

Hope this helps,

Adam