hydraulic fluid

landp

I have an emergency and I hope someone can help me. I am from Bastrop and as most of you know there was a huge fire and some friends of ours lost their home. I am taking them my 5th wheel so they have a place to stay. The problem is I have a hydraulic leak and the fluid tank is almost empty. So for a 3210 year model 2008 does anyone know the type it takes? Is there a way to get the sliders out without using the hydraulics? My instructions are some where but I cant find them. We are taking them the trailer now as they have no home. If you can please call me at 512-949-9794.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I don't know for sure, but there is a previous post on the forum that says ATF transmission fluid is acceptable, in a pinch.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/6646-Hydraulic-fluid

wingfoot

I have an emergency and I hope someone can help me. I am from Bastrop and as most of you know there was a huge fire and some friends of ours lost their home. I am taking them my 5th wheel so they have a place to stay. The problem is I have a hydraulic leak and the fluid tank is almost empty. So for a 3210 year model 2008 does anyone know the type it takes? Is there a way to get the sliders out without using the hydraulics? My instructions are some where but I cant find them. We are taking them the trailer now as they have no home. If you can please call me at 512-949-9794.

I called and advised what type fluid to use..and also told him he could manually crank out the slide...He did not know here the access ports were located..and since he has a Cyclone, I couldn't help him...So, would one of you that has a Cyclone, please give him a call...

I assume he doesn't have Internet access, although he appears to be signed in...

danemayer

I believe the manual procedure is to deal with a motor or electrical failure. It allows you to use a drill to rotate the pump drive shaft. However, it assumes there is fluid for the pump to move one way or the other.

Put another way, the pump moves the fluid, and the fluid moves the jacks or slides. If there's no fluid, you're just spinning the pump.

FLUID RECOMMENDATION (2011 Lippert auto-leveling system)

The Lippert Electronic Leveling System is pre-filled, primed and ready to operate direct from the
manufacturer. Type “A” Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF) may utilized and will work. ATF with
Dexron III or Mercon 5 or a blend of both is recommended by Lippert Components, Inc.

GOTTOYS

I called and advised what type fluid to use..and also told him he could manually crank out the slide...He did not know here the access ports were located..and since he has a Cyclone, I couldn't help him...So, would one of you that has a Cyclone, please give him a call...

I assume he doesn't have Internet access, although he appears to be signed in...
I could be wrong but, manually cranking out the slides will only work if the hydraulic pump has fluid and the hydraulic system is operable, but the motor for the pump fails. There should be a port that may go through a bulkhead next to the motor for the pump that you can go through to manually crank the pump in the event the motor fails...Don