Things found so far on new unit.

Pulltab

Under the bed a set of wires had the wire nut laying a foot away and bare!

Behind the bathroom wall same thing as one set of wires were missing the nut.

I am a little disappointed in these finds as how many more are like that?

Sawdust behind panels, is it so time consuming to vacumm this out?

Now don't get me wrong, we love the unit so far but a little more pride in place of speed in assembly for the saftey of the consumer should be implemented. (not that the sawdust is a danger, just an eyesore)

guy_914

found on our new 3400RL

I have spent a couple weeks going through our new BH 3400RL in great detail. Opened every box, opened the cover under the bed to the slide, pulled every access door, went thru the wiring at the converter and CB panel. Actually I was quite impressed...could not find a flaw or oversight...like the missing wire nuts you mention. I did get frustrated with the satellite / cable - TV setup...as the schematic posted at heartland was incorrect. but...they gave me the correct version...and i posted it here...it did match my setup.

I did find lots of saw dust, etc....so i did a lot vacuuming out in lots of places that are not visible or normally accesible.

I did find some need for some A/C fixups at the plenum on the ceiling....those have been well noted and posted elsewhere.....watch out for the discharge from the unit blower leaking leaking directly to the retunr air side in the ceiling plenum....the blocking seal wasnt put in correctly on mine.

John in WI

Pulltab

Thanks John, I am hoping that is the extent of my finds. We really like the unit and the majority of the work is very good. You are right about the tv/satellite deal. I am having trouble locating the wire coming from the antenna but haven't been able to spend a lot of time with it. I downloaded the schematic you posted, thanks for that it explains a lot.

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
Pulltab
Sawdust is everywhere.... We looked at a lot of units before we bought. Even the expensive ones have sawdust lurking behind panels.

Pulltab

Sailorand, yeah I know, even in the Tetons they have sawdust all over. Production I guess does not allow time for cleaning up mess's that can not be seen, still a little disappointing.

Yesterday I found a shower leak and have now resealed the entire shower inside on ALL joints. This is also common on every RV we have ever owned. So nothing I have found so far is out of line with anything else we have ever bought but I always hope for better

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
Yes our shower laeked too, as well as the kitchen sink. The rubber seal was put on the inside of the sink instead of the outside, and the latest one I looked at was still that way!! Easy stuff to fix.
We love our unit and would certainly buy it again.

ChopperBill

If you find ONE spec of saw dust in one of these truck campers I will buy it from you! I visited the factory and when the line moves everyone cleans up their mess. Happiest bunch of workers I have ever seen. Some might remember I did a post on how neat the wiring was also. My biggest down fall is I bought my Snowriver before my fifth wheel and thought the all were built this way. :confused: