missing our old mattress

Bri

This is kind of an extension of another thread, but specific to the mattress. We had a 2002 Rockwood that had a great mattress. We could kick ourselves for not swapping that mattress with the one in our new 2011 North Country 22RBQ. We're not sure if that was the original mattress as we bought that trailer used in '07. We had to add a mattress pad type thing to the mattress in the new trailer as the springs were almost poking through. It's better now but still only about half as good as the old mattress.

Where would one go to buy a new mattress since they are not true queen size but queen short?

Brian

Tool958

We put a Bed-In-A-Box mattress in our Keystone Cougar 29RLS. It was the PacBamboo mattress. Here is the model
http://www.bedinabox.com/memory-foam-mattress-pacbamboo.html
We just bought the RV queen size. It was the best money we have ever spent and is very comfortable. It actually comes in a box compressed. It sounds kind of odd, but the memory foam springs back into shape as soon as you cut it free. When we bought our Cyclone, we made sure we swapped the new one in the Cyclone for the mattress in the Cougar. Did a lot of research before we bought one and they came highly recommended for RVs.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Our Daughter just received a Bed in a Box mattress. I built her a platform for it and we opened it up a couple days ago. I must say, it appears to be a pretty decent mattress. Although it has a good warranty, I really would like to know how the average "Joe" is going to get that thing back in a box if it needs to be returned.;)

Tool958

Expect it would be just a little tough getting it back in a box. LOL It amazed me how much they got it compressed to begin with and how well it went back into shape after cutting it loose.

Bri

We recently added a memory foam mattress top now available at most dept stores and it's made a huge difference. I think the factory mattress lacked a cushion top which allowed the springs in the mattress to poke through to your body.