Does anyone listen to music while traveling?????

archbarb

As a topic that I've not seen posted before, does anyone listen to music while traveling.

For example I have an Ipod with about 2500 songs downloaded. When the DW and I travel together we'll listen to Jackson Browne, Elvis (love Elvis), Joan Baez, Joe Cocker, Queen, The Eagles, and several others from the 60's & 70's era, at low to medium volume.

Then when I'm by myself I change hats and listen to Motley Crue, AreoSmith, Lynard Skynard, ZZ Top, Guns & Roses, AC/DC just to name a few, at a louder volume. Believe it or not it really relaxes me!!!!!

Whats your FLAVOR?????

Archie

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We usually listen to The Highway on satellite radio or the 60's on satellite. If not then music via bluetooth from my Iphone one the truck radio. I also carry a weather radio just in case.

Herbiesrig

North Central Region Directors-Retired
We listen to Sirus "WILLIES ROADHOUSE" LOVE IT......don't really care for the new style country music...

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
We love to listen to music or also just talk. When we bought the new truck it had satellite radio and listen to most anything. We also listen to books on CD.

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
I have always been a music Fan - I used to listen to 70's on XM until the kids told me they would not ride with me any more - now I listen to County, either via XM or via Pandora on my Iphone... When I Want Music with out any chatter - that is when I switch to Pandora.

Kevin

larryanddonnakeever

Past Oklahoma Chapter Leaders (Founding)
This Sirius radio is really great. We listen to several channels. I like the weather capabilities with the GPS we can get a weather map, it goes from local to 500 mile radius to a nation wide map. It shows any storms and their severity.. I also carry a scanner and a Portable CB with NOAA radio. That way we are always in the know.. We also like audio books. We also buy CD's from our church with our services and small group classes. So glad to see other rvers with like interest, that is what sets us apart from other folks... I sure like being a part of this special group of great people...
Larry and Donna Keever
Oklahoma City
2010 Ford F350 FX4 Diesel
2011 BigHorn 3585 RL

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
I have XM and from the time we leave DW gives me a variety of everything from the 50's on 5 to Prime Country, to Hair Nation, and back around via Fox News. My truck and from the time she crawls in the radio is hers.

When I'm by myself, I listen to 70's to the present Rock-n-Roll.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We have had Sirrus and XM in other vehicles, LOVE IT, but have cut back on expenses so it was not activated to the new (to us) TV. We did, however have an integrated ipod connection added, so we can control and charge the ipod through the truck stereo. We listen to a variety, from classical, to Elvis, to country, to 80s rock, to drum and bugle corps, to Broadway musicals! I'm usually in charge of making sure the playlist is updated for any long trip. I call it "travelin' music".

E

Manzan

Around here, Jazz, and anywhere I can find it. Otherwise, a little CW, NPR a lot which can have anything from classical on down. Have some old radio programs on CD that are a lot of fun. Assorted music CDs, mostly Jazz.

mmomega

AnyTimer
I have a hard drive with 18,000 mp3 hooked into Sync, Pandora iPhone app that plays through Bluetooth, Sirius and regular radio so we're covered for pretty much any type of music we want.

truknutt

Committed Member
Mostly Sirius Channel 25, "Classic Rewind", '70s & '80s Classic Rock and occaisionally (when DW is dozing) Channel 59, "The Highway", New Country.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We've got XM radio in both of our vehicles. When I'm driving alone, I rarely turn it on. When the wife is along, it's on. When I've had enough of her channel jumping, I push the off button. I can drive for hours in silence.

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
Had my XM since 2001. Listen to the 50's and the many Country channels. I used to listen to Country Dan Dixon's all request show, 20:00 - 23:00 CST, but when the two companies combined they took him off the air. He was on Sunday evenings, but I am not sure he is still on. Does anyone know if Country Dan is still doing his show?

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
When I'm alone it's 50's on 5..60's on 6...sometimes 70's on 7....Willy's on 58. Patty's CW on 59. She does not fuss toooo much about the Willy's channel and likes the oldies. Sometimes it's all the CD's in the 6 disc.