Edge (M21) Cautions

frano

We've used our 2012 Edge M21 a few times now and have a couple of "cautions" I'd like to pass along to Edge owners:

1. The fridge has a large, single button with 2 indents (may appear as 2 seperate buttons) on the upper left of the door. Press this to open the door and ALSO PRESS IT TO CLOSE THE DOOR THEN RELEASE AFTER DOOR IS SEATED SHUT. If you close the door without pressing the button, the door striker will eventually break the plastic latch. It happened to us.

2. Be careful of the awning style windows when they're open and you're outside near the windows. Our T@da had these windows and folks have been known to hit their heads on the corner of the open windows. Although the T@da windows are lower and stronger, care should be taken near the Edge windows also. A piece of pipe insulation will stop any issue. These windows are the only thing we could not give up with the T@da and eventually became a big reason for our purchasing the Edge--super windows and wouldn't be happy with any other style, but just be aware.

3. Bathroom ceiling fan needs to have the cover opened all the way when operating the fan or the fan will vibrate the cover and begin to flex the metal bracket holding the fan assembly. Fan seems to work well as long as the top is fully opened.

These are not complaints but merely things M21 owners should be aware of. This trailer has been everything we could have hoped for (lightweight, easy towing, comfortable, great fit and finish). I just wish these items were brought to our attention during the Dealer handoff--but now the owners tuned into this site have the advantage of our experiences.

Enjoy your Edge--we love ours!

camr

Hi Carol and Fran, We have not had an issue with the fridge door. The part of the latch that is attached to the inside wall of the fridge has small latch that you can flip forward to keep the door from latching closed. This is so the door can be left in a slightly open position without flopping around. Is there a chance that the clip was in the out position when someone closed the door hard?
The first thing we did to our Edge before delivery was to switch the bathroom fan to a fantastic fan, on the recommendation of several forum members. It makes all the difference in the world. Much quieter, and can change the air in the trailer within minutes. On a cool night, we open the vent cover above the bed and turn on the bathroom fan. It drops air on the bed like you would't believe, and makes a nice white noise as well.
We agree with you on the great windows. There is another post that shows a great battery cutoff switch installation that I am doing ASAP.
Our forum is a great resource for great trailers and their owners.
Cam

frano

#3 is not normal, I would have that checked out next time you're in for warranty stuff.

We had some other warrenty issues and I was able to get the dealer to replace the fan with a more conventional model while the trailer was being fixed. We're much happier with the new fan.