Improvements

Forrest Fetherolf

After taking a unexpected shower by removing the sewer drain cap to dump the tanks, I suddenly realized something needed to change.
I added a backup gate valve, removable sewer drain extension and Sewer Solution system. Now I don't have to crawl under the slide to attach and detach the stinky old 3" flex hose.

The master closet shelf and rod lacked sufficient support, I added an adjustable (screw type) shower curtain rod to support the shelf, moved the two rod backets inward to distribute the load, and replaced the wood screws with 3/16" through bolts and fender washers.

The uncomfortable Euro chairs were replaced with a double recliner and the antique 26" tv replaced with a 32" Westinghouse tv.

Attachments

• Improvements007.JPG
    Improvements007.JPG
    162.9 KB · Views: 145
  • Improvements006.JPG
    Improvements006.JPG
    162.8 KB · Views: 139
  • Improvements001.JPG
    Improvements001.JPG
    159.3 KB · Views: 121
  • Improvements002.JPG
    Improvements002.JPG
    163.5 KB · Views: 269
  • Improvements003.JPG
    Improvements003.JPG
    161.9 KB · Views: 138
  • Improvements004.JPG
    Improvements004.JPG
    164.2 KB · Views: 138

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
Forrest, what exactly is a "sewer solution"? Looks like a normal water hose going in and another normal water hose coming out. Am I missing something? Where do the solids go?

Nice pics for the mods.

Chuck

ChopperBill

Good work! I would like that double recliner, unfortunately we wouldn't be able to put the slides in as it would stick out too far. Cant believe they would put the sewer drain UNDER the slide!

Jimmyt5

I have used the "sewer solution" for about a year and this thing works...
When I get home and I might have to dump some I hook it to my Outside Clean out for the house with PVC and it dumps it great... LOL
For you that wonder what heck is that I can spend my money on, try this, web sight http://www.sewersolution.com/howTo.htm
I have spent my cash on some junk but THIS works.......LOL

Jim

Forrest Fetherolf

Chuck M,
The white hose is the domestic water supply that forces water through a high pressure nozzle inside the 3" clear plastic cap. As the tank is dumped, the high pressure nozzle breaks up the solids and forces them into the green hose that runs to the public sewer system. The high pressure nozzle can be rotated 90 deg forcing fresh water up into the drain pipes and tanks for flushing.

Sewer Solution is advertised to pump uphill and a distance of 100'.
It does work as advertised.

No more smelly stuff on you when you dump early in the morning and are facing a 400 mile drive to the next rv park and a shower.

In the pictures, I added all brass shut-offs with quick disconnect fittings. They work much better and quicker especially when the temperature is around freezing and the old stiff hands don't feel like screwing on the hose.

Forrest

ct0218

I've been using the Sewer Solution for about 4 years now. It is a lot easier to store than a 3 inch hose, no corrugations to trap sewage. Also, it doesn't matter if it goes up or down hill because the water pressure will flush the hose clean. I have pumped it uphill at about a 2 feet elevation without a problem, and I have the 20 ft extension hose which I have needed a couple of times. I attach the SS to a 3 inch valve which is attached to the end of my sewer drain.

phranc

Chopper.. many Rv's have the connection under the slide.. My last one did and so does the present BH 3600. I think they bring out the 3 in pipe the most direct way and if it happens to be near or under a slide you just live with it..I don't have that much free space on the left side, with 3 slides there. Actually it's not that big a deal on the BH as it's only near a edge and I hook up the stinky slinky before my wife runs slides out..

HappyKayakers

phranc said:
Chopper.. many Rv's have the connection under the slide.. My last one did and so does the present BH 3600. I think they bring out the 3 in pipe the most direct way and if it happens to be near or under a slide you just live with it..I don't have that much free space on the left side, with 3 slides there. Actually it's not that big a deal on the BH as it's only near a edge and I hook up the stinky slinky before my wife runs slides out..

Same here. Since we only move every few months, it's not a big deal to take care of the wheel covers, chocks, and sewer hose while the slide is still in.

ChopperBill

Ours is between the slides and easy to get to with the handles close by. Being big boon dockers and emptying into a blue boy it would be a semi PITA if they were under a slide. Not a big PITA but semi.