2008 cyclone full throttle 4012 delamination

Can anyone tell me if it is common to have delamination issues with a 2008 cyclone full throttle 4012 toy hauler? We live in Florida and keep our RV in a outside storage lot. I noticed about a month ago that there was a ripple in the left side exterior wall on the left side between the master BR and the living room slides. We took a trip to Disney World and when we got there the the wall had appeared to delaminate alot more. Is this a structural issue and can it be fixed? Does Heartland warranty for delamination on a 3 year old RV? What are my options to take care of this issue?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
firefish, Welcome to the Heartland Forum. Sadly, I don't think there is any warranty past the initial first year on delamination. In fact, I believe there is wording in the warranty that includes something to the effect that it's the owners responsibility to maintain all of the caulking on joints, seams, windows etc. Most issues with delamination are caused by water intrusion. But I'm no expert.
You can call Heartland but I think you're on your own. Especially after close to 4 years.

firefish, Welcome to the Heartland Forum. Sadly, I don't think there is any warranty past the initial first year on delamination. In fact, I believe there is wording in the warranty that includes something to the effect that it's the owners responsibility to maintain all of the caulking on joints, seams, windows etc. Most issues with delamination are caused by water intrusion. But I'm no expert. You can call Heartland but I think you're on your own. Especially after close to 4 years.
Thank you Ray for your response. Do u know to what the extent the repair is? Am I taking any chances by using the RV before I get it fixed? It doesn't seem like where it is at that it would cause any structural issues

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Thank you Ray for your response. Do u know to what the extent the repair is? Am I taking any chances by using the RV before I get it fixed? It doesn't seem like where it is at that it would cause any structural issues
A picture of the area would help some but from what I've read here on the forum, body shops, specifically one with fiberglass experience, are the best solution for delamination. Most structural issues I've read about have been the front area below the bedroom and closet where the upper and lower frames are attached and the pin box area.
On the outside chance that you have a frame issue, I would have it inspected by a reputable dealer. You mentioned it seemed to get a lot worse after you had traveled to Disney. I have only heard of one or two situations where frames have been found with stress cracks. They appear to run parallel with the frame and are a few inches long. I've seen this on an older Landmark. For your peace of mind, get it looked at.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
There are some larger RV Repair shops that can deal with a delamination issue. Some shop will inject a glue into the 'bubble' and then pull the air out and then repair the fiberglass if needed. Some shops will actually cut out the defective area and re-fiberglass, repaint and replace any rotten wood as needed. The repair is usually not a cheap repair especially since RV shop labor rates approach $100 an hour. You would probably be better off taking it to a body shop who specializes in fiberglass repair. Also in extreme case a complete removal and replacement of the side wall could be needed. Sorry there is just no good news in these types of instances.

Thank you for the response Jim, I guess it's going to be a pretty big repair, I'm just hoping it doesn't effect the structural integrity.