I think I am in love

PhotoPete

Well, I bit the bullet and bought a new truck. A Chevy 2500HD diesel. we have been putting it through its paces on a 6000 mile tour. we are 2500 into the trip and so far all i can say is that its doing a great job. I love the exhaust brakes.

currently getting about 19.8 highway not towing and about 12.4 highway towing with non bio-desel.

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
Pete,

Your mileage will improve after the break-in period on that Duramax - I love my 2005!!

Kevin

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Pete, glad you are happy with it.
Once you have owned a diesel, you will never go back to gas. Trace

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Love my 2005 2500HD as well, I have 120K + on it and she is as strong as she ever was. I think the duramax does better on bio-diesel than the low sulpher stuff.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Congratulations on the new truck! What color?

We have been very happy with our Chevy D/A. Great towing rig!

PhotoPete

She's a dark blue. My very first car was a dark blue ford mustang. brings back lots of memories.

So now I just have to find the right Fifth Wheel for it. Wanted a Landmark Grand Canyon, but I think I would be pushing the limits, so we will look a touch smaller/lighter.

loafer

Just got a good used early 2007 HD 2500 GMC D/A with 27,000 miles on it. Love it so far we have put 3,000 miles on it in 4 months . It tows our Sundance up and down hills great and we would never go back to gas.
I am sure you will be very happy with your new truck Congrats.

Bill

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Mine's a little bigger, but I drive it like I just stole it. Got it new in January, 2009, after getting the BH. Just shy of 28000 miles on it. No exhaust or turbo brake, though :(. But then, no urea to mess with, either. The day I picked it up, I had the tonneau cover and mud flaps installed. Only other add-ons have been Timbrens, a 56-gallon TransferFlow mid-ship tank (replaced the 34-gallon OEM) and a trailer plug in the bed.
View attachment 15859

camr

Hi Pete, Last month we purchased a 2011 Ford F250 Lariat PSD to pull the Edge. I can honestly say that I don't need anything this large to pull something as light as an Edge, but the combination of employee pricing and dealer delivery credits took $14k off the purchase price here in Canada. It will be perfect for the next heavier or larger trailer that we get in a few years. After a couple of months researching the brands we finally settled on either a Chev/GM 2500 or Ford F250. There were no GM's in our area that had most of the options that we wanted, and we stumbled on the Ford that had every option that we wanted, except for the centre console. Both yourself and I are set for whatever we have to pull for the next several years.
Cam

PhotoPete

It does pull the Edge like there's nothing there. It's a good feeling to know you have dominance over your trailer. I had a Honda Ridgeline. It was a good daily driver but no tow vehicle for long distance. I will briefly miss the Honda... OK i'm over it.P

navyAZ1

We bought our 2011 3500HD SRW Chevy last December, this is our 4th Chevy with the Duramax/Allison. With the addition of the exhaust brake this truck is awesome! Came down off of Mount Eagle in TN set the cruise on 45 mph and "NEVER" had to touch the brakes once all the way down the mountain. With the exhaust brake and the Allison Trans working together this truck is the greatest. Also the LTZ interior is super comfortable.