Campfest 2011 &2012

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
Campfest 2011 is history, and Gerry & I cannot remember a better event. The weather was perfect and there were 17 Heartland rigs in our section. We welcomed 4 new rigs into the area, and they are considering becoming HOC members. Thank you to Jim & Jan for bringing the "approved" fire pit and the hard wood. If anyone is looking for a very good bike rack contact Ray LeTourneau. He won a Curt 4 bike receiver mounted rack, and it is for sail. Curt make a good product. Finally, a number of people wondered if Jerry V was okay. He seemed to be too too quiet. I think he calmed down because Jerry & Karen brought quests along, and he wanted to make a good impression. If anyone has pictures from the weekend please post them on this site.

Campfest 2012 is September 7 - 9. I understand the dates listed on the registration sheet were not correct. Cookie passed the correct dates on to me. As I understand we will have the same section. There are plans to run some electrical connections down the center where Bruce Bishop was located. However, any thing over 4 rigs will be on 15 amp. That will work if the hot water tank and frig are not running on electric. Ray suggested an after Campfest trip to a location such as Door County for time to relax and perhaps visit the wineries. What are you thoughts on this idea? Also, an appropriate CG would have to be located. It would be a non structured type of event.

Happy camping & safe travels to all.

tweber

Here are a few pictures from Wagners Campfest 2011, September 9 - 11. Sue and Blanca are rock'n to the banc Chicago.

Attachments

• 228.JPG
    228.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 225.JPG
    225.JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 41
  • 218.JPG
    218.JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 44
  • 227.JPG
    227.JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 43
  • 226.JPG
    226.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 45
  • 223.JPG
    223.JPG
    142.4 KB · Views: 50
  • 222.JPG
    222.JPG
    139.2 KB · Views: 49
  • 221.JPG
    221.JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 44
  • 220.JPG
    220.JPG
    146.7 KB · Views: 47
  • 219.JPG
    219.JPG
    139.3 KB · Views: 43
  • 217.JPG
    217.JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 38
  • 224.JPG
    224.JPG
    131.3 KB · Views: 39

ALF

Former Georgia Chapter Leaders
We would like to Thank Tom and Gerry for all their efforts in making sure that all the Heartland owners were together. A great time was had by all! Good music, good food and good Friends. It was sad to say Good bye. Looking forward to next year already!
Thanks to Jim and Jan for providing us with a great fire (nothing good happens after midnight). LOL:p

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
So how does a person get involved with this group and the CampFest event? Looks like fun.

Bob
Bob, the Campfest is an event put on by four dealers in eastern WI as a customer appreciation event. If you purchased a rig from one of these dealers you were invited to attend. I heard this year they had opened the event up to anyone wanting to attend but for a fee a bit higher than than the discounted rate we pay. I'm hoping Tom Weber chimes in here because he may know more than I.
As a Heartland Owner, you should really consider joining us in Wisconsin Dells next year for the annual WI Chapter Rally. Details are in a thread in the Events section. I'll come back with a link. Hope to meet you soon.

Here's that LINK

tweber

Hi, Bob. You can register for the WI Heartland Owners Club Rally by calling Terri Lynn at Country Roads Motorhome & RV Park, 608-253-2132, and tell her you would like to register for the Heartland rally August 16 - 19. Country Roads is located in the WI Dells area. You can find additional info about the rally on the Forum Portal page, right side. You can take a look at the campgrounds at www.4countryroads.com.
Ray did a good job of giving you the info on Campfest. A registration form, pictures, schedules, etc. can be found on the web site www.campfest.net The event is held at the Manitowoc County Fair grounds, and the Heartland owners have their own section. It is a good time with a lot of activities and entertainment.
I would also suggest, Bob, that you look at the Heartland Owners Club info on the form and consider joining the group. The benefits and cost of joining is explained on the forum. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me, tank67tommy@gmail.com