refer heating up in hot days above 90 deg

lilriver

The model number of our refer is RM 3962 made by dometic. I had a confrence call with David at heartland and a Dometic rep. last week. Both said that my refer was working fine in hot weather with temps above 90 degs. The refer gets up to 50 degs in these hot days and won't cool back down for 6 hrs. Everyday in the morning the temp is 33 to 35 degs, as the temp goes up outside during the day the temp goes up in my refer ever if no one opens it up. It has been worked on twice, first time nothing was done because no problem was found. The second time they replaced the temp controls switchs that turn on the fans and added a second fan saying it works fine. Back home the refer won't stay cold. Now if the temp is 85 deg or below it works great, so great that I have have to turn the temp settings down to 3 or 4.
Has anyone had problems with this refer and if so what was done. I would like to take out the 4 inch fans and replace them with 6 inch fans.

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
GET YOU A LUKE WARM BEER FROM THE FRIDGE, SHOULD BE EASY FOR YOU. SCROLL SEVERAL LINES DOWN TO THE BELOW SUBJECT AND START READING LIKE THE PREVIOUS 7,000 READERS. WELCOME TO THE CLUB(RV OWNERS WITHOUT FRIDGES)

Dometic rm1350 - need help!

Bobby A

The model number of our refer is RM 3962 made by dometic. I had a confrence call with David at heartland and a Dometic rep. last week. Both said that my refer was working fine in hot weather with temps above 90 degs. The refer gets up to 50 degs in these hot days and won't cool back down for 6 hrs. Everyday in the morning the temp is 33 to 35 degs, as the temp goes up outside during the day the temp goes up in my refer ever if no one opens it up. It has been worked on twice, first time nothing was done because no problem was found. The second time they replaced the temp controls switchs that turn on the fans and added a second fan saying it works fine. Back home the refer won't stay cold. Now if the temp is 85 deg or below it works great, so great that I have have to turn the temp settings down to 3 or 4.
Has anyone had problems with this refer and if so what was done. I would like to take out the 4 inch fans and replace them with 6 inch fans.

I have the same fridg and have had problems in the past, the latest problem is the thermo swithch went bad not allowing the fan to kick on to cool the fins. I by- passed the thermo switch as Dave mentioned in my thread on the subject and now the fan runs 24/7 and keeps the fridg at 40 degrees on # 3 setting. BTW I don't have enough room in the back to put a 6 inch fan, not sure if your is the same. I bought another 4 inch fan as a spare, if needed I could add a second fan for more air movement.

Hope this helps,
Bobby A