Cabinet hinges

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Today I finished replacing all the S/B kitchen cabinet door with self closing hinges. They had the seld closers but they where awfully tired.

Then a light came on.....I wonder if the Horn has self closers. Nope they dont. I wonder if anyone has replace their hinges with self closers? Seems to me that it might help the cupboard doors stay closed a little better. The ones I used are from Lowes. Cost $2.67 each. I counted the hinges I need for the Horn. It will cost about $80.00 to replace them all at retail price. Now I know that the cabinets come from the supplier with the doors and drawers already installed. I bet if HL requested all their cabinets come with self closers...the hinges would probably cost about a $1.25 per door. The big question is would HL do that. Would I be willing to pay $40-$50.00 more for a new caoch. YOU BET. My time to remove every door and replace a hinge is worth more than that. So now Ladies and gentleman....what your opinion??? Should we start picketing Coley and Brian Brady's office??

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Bob, which hinges did you use. The Euro-style (Blum or Grass), or standard surface mount types.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Bob, I have concealed hinges in the BH that I would say are self closing. When the door gets within 6-8 inches of the face, it pulls itself shut. Is this what you are talking about? Trace

Lance & Jo

Bob, I have used the Euro style hinges on 6 doors I have added and while they work for these new cabinets I don't think I would use them where there was anything like books inside trying to get out. Just not enough strength in the spring.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
All mine are the old style surface mount. Maybe the newer year HL's have new style hinges. SOOOOOO.....HIGH HO HIGH HO....it's off to Lowes I go. AGAIN and AGAIN.