22FBS or 21FBS

Hi
My wife like the 22fbs because the pantry at the kitchen and the small sofa, I like more the 21fbs because I save 400 pound of weight and 3 feet shorter. My truck is 2010 Toyota Tundra
With a 4.6 engine tow package that put the truck at 8600 Pd, at less that what Toyota said. I will like to know your opinion for both trailers the pros and cons. We are open to any suggestion.
Thanks for your time and support in this decision.

Last edited by a moderator:

Manzan

We chose the 21 FBS because it fits where we have to park it. The 22 FBS is three feet too long. I tow with a 2003 Suburban, Vortec 6000 engine, 3:73 rear end, 4WD. Tows beautifully and we have Mountains out here. Plenty of room for the two of us and more storage than we need but I bet we can fill it up. Weighed it loaded for a trip two weeks ago and it came to 6400#. On a longer trip to Southern Utah right now and I bet we did not get another 100# inside.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We towed a 2008 21FBS with a 2008 Tundra. With a weight distribution hitch, it towed great! Could not even tell it was back there. One of our complaints about the 21FBS was that there was not a place to "sit". The dinette was not a place to lounge. We had to lay in bed to lounge, which was just not the same. At the time the 22FBS was not made, but if it was, I bet we would have gone with that floorplan.

E

irvin56

One of our choices included the sofa to sit on. I sit there lots. I also feel the dinnette is not a nice place to sit at for hours on end. Not that I do but. We only had 2 dinnette table in our last TT and did not like it for that reason. We would remove the big table to sit poeple in trailer when weather was bad. That was a pain but a do what yoy have to situation.

Marge

All who wander are not lost.
I thought we could have done without the sofa for extra seating, but now I am so glad we did, the extra room is nice and our Schnauzer Jetson loves having the little couch to sit on. It's a good place to sit and/or lounge, for us people too.

I need to ask a question, how come the 22FBS is 3 feet longer than the 21FBS. Wouldn't it only be 1 foot longer ?

This is weird, I checked the specs on the trailers.

21FBS from hitch to rear bumper is 26'6"
22FBS from hitch to rear bumper is 29'7"
24RBS from hitch to rear bumper is 28'8" (which we have)

What a difference. I know we have found we are a bit long with the truck and trailer in some of our fav spots, but we can still manage to squeeze in!

Hi
Thanks to all the persons for your comments they are a great help for our desicion.
My next question is Why so many people have problems with brand new trailer. I do not understand why a trailer come from factory with so many problems. When you buy a brand new product (T.T.) I should not need to thinking I am going to find problems, that is the reason I want the T.T. new but here in the forum people make you think twise before spending all that money. I am thinking why HL can not have a better quality control and better test of their product before leaving the factory.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Rodrigoad1,

You will find every manufacturer has their share of rigs that get out into the world with issues, no matter what the price-tag says! The dealer is supposed to be in partnership with the Manufacturer to catch and fix issues before the unit is sold... however, many of them do not do a good pre-sale check, and it becomes buyer beware. Remember that they build these rolling homes in less than a week, so there are many many steps involved to get it right... or wrong. The best way to approach it is to educate yourself, and go into the purchase with eyes wide open. Try every system out, and make the dealer fix it before you drive away.

The best part is that you have found this forum, full of owners and monitored by HL, so you can ask questions and find fixes to minor issues that may come up!

Have fun and enjoy your Heartland, whichever model you pick!

E

GOTTOYS

Hi
Thanks to all the persons for your comments they are a great help for our desicion.
My next question is Why so many people have problems with brand new trailer. I do not understand why a trailer come from factory with so many problems. When you buy a brand new product (T.T.) I should not need to thinking I am going to find problems, that is the reason I want the T.T. new but here in the forum people make you think twise before spending all that money. I am thinking why HL can not have a better quality control and better test of their product before leaving the factory.
These are mass produced light weight trailers. They are not custom built, one at a time like a new house. Many of the flaws are smaller and are easy to fix. Every manufacturer has the same issues. You seldom, if ever hear about the thousands that are delivered and have no problems...Don