New Big Country Owner

Pacman

Took delevery of a 2011 3510R last Friday. Spent the weekend and we are very happy with our BC. The only issue that I have is the wall thermostat for the fan-tastic does not appear to be working correctly. Has anyone changed out one these thermostats? Will any 24 volt 2 wire thermostat work?

Last edited:

jimtoo

Hi Pacman,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

You need to make sure the fan is turned on... on the fan itself are controls also for on-off and auto. I'm not sure how they work with the thermostat because we never use ours, always have the A/C's here in Texas. But some of our other family members will jump in and give us more information on the operation.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations and welcome to the forum. You are going to love your Big Country. We have had 3 Heartland products, 2 of them being Big Countrys. Enjoy and travel safely.

Pannell

Like Jim said, get a step stool and get up to the fan and check to see if it was put in the manual operation (by pulling the knob down). There is also a fan switch up there also. If all that looks good check fuse.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Congratulations on your new rig! No doubt you will enjoy your Big Country as much as we enjoy ours! Our Fantastic Fan thermostat did not work properly when we got the BC. It functioned as an On/Off switch only. I pulled the cover and a (for lack of a better term) little coil thing was out of place. I simply pushed it back into its mount and the thermostat worked as designed. I posted a picture on THIS thread.

Best Wishes!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Pacman, Welcome to the Heartland Forum & Family. Our fan has both a toggle on/off switch and a 3 speed fan switch that also has a "0" position. Make sure the toggle is on and the fan speed is at least at 1 and the knob is pushed up for auto crank-up. If all that still leaves you fanless, check the fuse in the fan. Last resort, pull the t'stat cover and jump the 2 wires. Yes any basic t'stat should work but the fantastic t'stat doesn't have on/off/auto or heat/cool switches so I'm not sure of the wiring. If it is the t'stat, just call Heartland or have your dealer get a switch.
Please let us know what the issue was. Thanks!

Pacman

Thanks for the info from everyone. I checked the controls and all were sn-tasticet correctly. Called Fan-tastic and they had me remove the thermostat and put the two wires together. Fan worked when I did that. Fan-tastic is sending me a new stat.
THANKS AGAIN ALL.

Pacman

Thanks everyone for the info. Called Fan-tastic and they are sending a new thermostat.

What a great forum