Edge M-21 Refrigerator 120 V / 12 V

davehuiz

After being a life long tenter, a bad experience lead us to take a jump to a TT. We recently purchased a 2012 Edge M-21 and couldn't be happier.

However as a newbie, I maybe missing something obvious and have a question on refrigerator operation (never had one tenting). I understand the three modes, however when plugged in, and in the 120 V Mode the fault light flashes and the fridge stops. It seems to function just fine when plugged in and operating in 12 V mode. Should it operate on 120 V? Am I missing something obvious.

Thanks in advance.

Dave and Susan
2012 Edge M 21
Honda Pilot

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Dave & Susan, Welcome to the Heartland Forum & Family and a much nicer level of camping comfort. While I'm not familiar with the model of fridge in your Edge, the first thing that comes to mind is to ensure the fridge is plugged into the 120 outlet in the rear access area of the fridge. If this isn't the culprit, find the model number and any other number that may be needed on the label inside the fridge and go onto the Dometic site and go into the support pages. I'm sure you'll be able to find and owners manual or troubleshooting guide in there. Good luck and let us know what you find.

frano

When we're plugged into shore power with our M21, I set the fridge mode to "auto". It will run on 120V and then switch to 12V when we travel and are disconnected from shore power. Works well for us.

PhotoPete

Dave and Susan, I agree with the previous popster. Check the plug in the top back side. Then check the breaker panel for a tripped fuse. after that, make sure the rig is connected to shore power, then turn off the refer, then turn it on and select auto. See if it goes to 120. FYI there is a small fuse behind the "eyebrow" control panel.

davehuiz

Thanks Pete,

I did set it to auto and it went to LP the progression after 120 and before 12V. I'll take a look and let you know what I find out.

Dave

davehuiz

It was simple Pete and Ray, I opened up the panel and found the cord dangling and plugged it in. Thanks for your help I wouldn't have known there was a plug back there.

Dave and Susan