Any one here from the Minot ND area?

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
SIL is working close to Minot. BIL lives in Rugby. Was in Faaaaargo last July. Have have lots of inlaws in ND. I can give you some phone #'s. They are a bunch of crazy Krauts with guns. Dont ya knooow.

Bob&Patty

NO hurricane's.....just blizzards, cold, lots of snow and a tornado or 2. The mosqitoes are the state bird. It gets hot and humid in the summer (good for the mesqitoes). Mostly its full of germans, pols, norwegens, cowboys with guns, and some other nutty people. I like ND cause I fit right in with the group. I'm german/irish...have a gun and a little off center most of the time. We have a member that lives in Minot...I think he lives on an airforce base.

Here is his profile............//heartlandowners.org/member.php/8071-Bighurt

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Thanks for the call and information Bob. Maybe I will hear from Jeremy.

It may be cold there but after the last few summers here I could use a little break from the heat.

Bob&Patty

Yes Larry, it will quite a change. From hot and humid to 40 below and snow up to the roof. The other thing that is fun....is driving into town on ice and your car spinning in a 360* circle thru town until you hit a snow bank and stop. Your car will not stop on the passenger side EVER.... only on the drivers side so you can't get out. You have to roll down the window and dig yourself out. "E" ticket rides are free in ND.

Bighurt

Talked to Larry a few minutes ago, hope I sold the town well. I don't live on base just work there.

With the Spring Flood and oil boom we have tons of work but no housing. Hotels are going up like you wouldn't believe. Apartments are coming out of the wood work but most of the single family housing was destroyed in June. 4000 homes including my own have been left uninhabited.

We have demoed our home and are rebuilding as we speak. I hope to have the structure done by 1 Nov.

Let me know if I can be of further help. Sorry I've been absent from the forum lately, it's been a busy summer. No camping, mainly because we've been living in the Sundance since June 1st.

Attachments

• 1047.jpg
    1047.jpg
    946.1 KB · Views: 18

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Thanks Jeremy. I appreciate the time you spent on the phone with me. I will pass on the information and I am sure Jamie will be impressed with it.

Hope you do get into that then other trailer soon and you can get your house back in order.

Bob&Patty

Jeremy, Pat and I were in ND in July. Still lots of water everywhere, roads washed out. Drove from Fargo to Ellendale thru Oaks. What a mess in Oaks....trees blown down everywhere. Looks like winter might come soon there. 22* in Minnasota today if I remember correctly. Sorry about the house. Hope you are up and running soon.

Bighurt

Yes it's been cold, turns out the Sundance furnace kills the battery in 4 hrs...

Hope to have power soon!

Living in the RV has been tough.