drying laundry

griffhas

Would like to be able to stretch a clothes line from one part of the rig to another to dry our towels after showering. Can't find anything to attach a line to unless the awning is out and I can use one of the braces. Any ideas other than to purchase some sort of rack such as the one for the bumper that Camping World sells? I don't want another bulky item to store.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Many have either made or bought a pvc rack that attached to the ladder. Sure that someone will post directions for it.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Just drape the towels over the ladder. Or tie the other end to a car mirror. Just thinking here.

PUG

Pug
Just go get a couple hundred feet of rope and tie it from your trl to a couple of your neighbors trls and hang laundry or you could get a big helium balloon and hang it way up in the air. It would probably be good entertainment for all your neighbors looking at you and your wife's drawers and unmentionables...

rick_debbie_gallant

simply get a large helium balloon or a kite, attach the other end to that device and you should be all set. Your other option would be to get a sky hook and attach to that. Arnt ya glad you joined this outfit.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Put a sturdy plant hook over either end of the awning roller tube or the support arm and run a line between them. If there's a tree near your rig (in back) run a line from the ladder to the tree. A simple clove hitch with a safety knot will keep it in place. Some campgrounds frown on that, however. Just remember to untie it before you leave the site, or you may leave the ladder behind. Draw-back of hanging your laundry outside is the wandering smoke from the neighbor's campfire or BBQ sacrifice.

RanCarr

Would like to be able to stretch a clothes line from one part of the rig to another to dry our towels after showering. Can't find anything to attach a line to unless the awning is out and I can use one of the braces. Any ideas other than to purchase some sort of rack such as the one for the bumper that Camping World sells? I don't want another bulky item to store.

Since we like forested CGs, and not those parking-lot type places, we have two of those yellow nylon washlines from WalMart's camping section. They go between trees. I've dried everything on them and no one in any campground has ever complained. I'm sure we'll hit one that does complain one of these days. If no trees, I have those things that hang from the awning arms with clips/clothespins, but they don't hold heavy items. I wouldn't hang heavy stuff from the awnings anyway since the one I have now is the auto-type with no supports like the manuals have.

ncc1701e

Simply to build and fairly compact to store. Attaches to ladder.

Drying Rack Bench Assembled.jpg Drying Rack Positon A.jpg Drying Rack Positon B.jpg It is shown hanging off the back of our Sundance. Will hang in mulitiple positions and I used a couple springs to keep the lines tight. A modification on a design I had seen on another trailer at a recent campout. It will actually fold flatter than it shows in the first picture.