Refrigerator drain tube?

wingfoot

After reading another thread I thought I would check my refrigerator drain hose...It had totally deteriorated and would crumble in your hand...So, thought I'd replace it. It appears that it is not accessible from the back..Or at least I don't see how. So, how do you replace the drain tube?

Thanks

caissiel

I had to replace mine on our unit. I could reach down to the drain from the top vent.
but now I see you don't have a top vent, it vents through the roof because your fridge is not in a slide.
the hose is attached to the little drain cup below the freezer, so you can check the distance from the floor.

Birchwood

Like caissiel I was able to reach from the top vent,cut the tie wrap and remove the old
hose from the drain spout.Replaced it with a clear plastic tube and SS hose clamp.There
are hot tubes down there so wear long sleaves.Hopefully you can reach the drain spout
from the side vent.

wingfoot

Like caissiel I was able to reach from the top vent,cut the tie wrap and remove the old
hose from the drain spout.Replaced it with a clear plastic tube and SS hose clamp.There
are hot tubes down there so wear long sleaves.Hopefully you can reach the drain spout
from the side vent.

Nope, I tried...can't reach it..I wonder if I could just feed the new tube from inside the Refer.?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I think you may have to pull the refer to gain access to that hose. Doing so is not a real big job. There are some pics here on the forum that were posted by Ray LeTourneau of his refer removal.

Peace
Dave

jimtoo

Let me think...something I shouldn't do... but,,,the tray in the fridge can be removed and it drips into a little cup like thing in the back of fridge. This will pull straight out, it is about 4" long and the hose slips over it. I was able to put a new hose, I used a piece of white thin water hose, on it and it would go back through the fridge and insulation. Then I just tie strapped it in a couple of place so it would not be pulling down on the fridge drain. Has worked for me for a couple of years. Mine is a 3055 and I can see the drain hose from the outside, but could not put hose on,,, that's how I found out the part in the fridge comes out... I was pushing on the back side trying to put hose on and it pushed out to the inside of fridge, thought I really broke something. Hose fits tight enough you do not need a clamp.

Jim M

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Let me think...something I shouldn't do... but,,,the tray in the fridge can be removed and it drips into a little cup like thing in the back of fridge. This will pull straight out, it is about 4" long and the hose slips over it. I was able to put a new hose, I used a piece of white thin water hose, on it and it would go back through the fridge and insulation. Then I just tie strapped it in a couple of place so it would not be pulling down on the fridge drain. Has worked for me for a couple of years. Mine is a 3055 and I can see the drain hose from the outside, but could not put hose on,,, that's how I found out the part in the fridge comes out... I was pushing on the back side trying to put hose on and it pushed out to the inside of fridge, thought I really broke something. Hose fits tight enough you do not need a clamp.

Jim M

Good to know, Jim. My hose is getting to the point that I'll have to replace it, too. I can reach it from the upper vent opening, but working off a ladder with only one hand extended to the max is not how I like to do things. When the time comes, I'll try your technique first.

Wharton

Before you go to all this work there was a "recall" by Dometic to replace the drain tube. Dealer said the enrie refrigerator had to come out. Took about 30 minutes. I think I saw the recall on this website.

57chevyconvt

I am currently replacing the 1/2" drain line with a plastic hose. Had to remove the RM 1350 refrig because my refig is not in a slide, therefore there is not top access door. I had to remove the refig for several other problems so now was to time to replace the original hose that failed after the first year of operation. As a 'stop gap measure' until I removed the refrig, I slipped a larger plastice hose up over the broken hose and tie-wrapped it to the cooling coils. I wished I would have known about the Dometic recall before now. How do I gain access to the 'refrig removal pictures' noted above by 'Cookie'?