Watch those winds!

Yellowreef

Found this video and my blood ran cold when I saw it. Looks like no one was hurt but its a good reminder of the dangers involved in towing trailers. Also a good reminder that even a heavy dually can be thrown around like a rag doll. Be safe out there.

jimtoo

I saw that before... I would almost bet that it happened on IH 90 in S Dakota where it runs along the Badlands area. That has to be one of the worst areas for cross winds I have ever seen.

Jim M

ParkIt

Saw this quite awhile back and it got me to thinking about our set up: with the frame we have the bed won't torque like that. The whole thing is going to go in one shot. At least we have a stripped cab so I'm working with a company to fabricate a cage for the inside of the cab (race car driver for most of my life, just for fun) so safety is always a priority.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Intresting video. Why was the guy making the video? If I were going down the highway I would not be shooting a video unless I knew something was going to happen. I always wonder about things like that. Looks real and may very well be, but when you see an accident have you ever been shooting a video 3 or 4 minutes before it happened.

Just a thought....

BC

mmomega

AnyTimer
from what i gathered watching the video it seemed like it was a passenger in the trailing vehicle and they saw the RV whipping in the wind and decided to video it.

Yellowreef

Intresting video. Why was the guy making the video? If I were going down the highway I would not be shooting a video unless I knew something was going to happen. I always wonder about things like that. Looks real and may very well be, but when you see an accident have you ever been shooting a video 3 or 4 minutes before it happened.

Just a thought....

BC

If you listen to what theyre saying, the trailer was already swaying and the guy was sure it would go so he started taping it. As a matter of fact you can see the trailer swaying long before it turns over. You cant fake that...