Tuscan decorating theme or ??

twohappycampers

Hi! I was just browsing around and found an older post where someone (was it Leslie?) had put pictures of her seaside-theme trailer. It was beautifully done. I'd love to do something like that with our BC, especially living on the coast, but the basics and now our new furniture don't lend themselves to that. So got to thinking how someone here had called these units kind of Tuscan-like. I guess they are, with the woodwork the way it is, the wrought iron curtain rods & wrought iron cabinet underneath the counter, the oldish looking wood floors. Hmmm, got me thinking. Maybe a Tuscan theme for me? Never been a theme decorator, but there's always a first.

Anyone here done some Tuscan-like decorating, and want to share ideas with me? :) Lorna

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
The inside of my trailer is in gold colors. My Wine design started with a beautiful apron a friend made me, then a wine design throw, then, I found a great narrow fake oil painting at Big Lots to hang on the end of the cabinet, then..... LOL. Of course, I also love wine. :) Just find one piece you really love and build on it from there. Just have fun. I have more to do, but it's a fine line between clutter and design in these small spaces.

twohappycampers

Just find one piece you really love and build on it from there. Just have fun. I have more to do, but it's a fine line between clutter and design in these small spaces.

What a revelation! Just have fun! Yep, there I go again, taking unserious things too seriously. :eek:

And I looked around and found one piece I really love, sitting right here under my nose. It's a hand-painted wall tile, we both love it!, and it screams Country Tuscan to me! All the elements - the setting, the colours, fruit, the wine, just everything. I was going to attach a photo but hubby has the camera at work. Well, it may be more French Country or some other Country, don't care at this point, I'm going to enjoy myself :D

So now I'm inspired. I'll probably do much of my shopping at Winners. Do you have Winners where you are? And I only want touches in here, just for the flavour, not trying to recreate a true Tuscan theme. Now I have some direction as I go, because I want to change out the curtains throughout, recover the kitchen chairs seats, tile the backsplash, and on and on. All in good time, of course.

Take good care and thanks again. Lorna