Can't wait!

DJGood

Just wanted to introduce myself and husband. My name is Debi and my husband's name is Chris. We live just outside of Dallas and are very excited about becoming new owners of a BH 3500RL. We went to the OK. City RV Show last month and I fell in love with the 3500. We were considering the 3400, but once I walked into the 3500, that was it. SOLD! So we ordered it right then and there and it will be in sometime at the beginning of May.
JUST CAN'T WAIT!!!!
We have never owned an RV before, so this is a huge step for us and any tips you can give us, would be greatly appreciated. We truly are New Beeies....:p
We just had to have a new truck to go with the new RV. See the picture below. As soon as the Big Horn comes in, we will post a picture of it.
Thanks for this forum, it has been a great help so far.

Attachments

• 20200619_093138_1592584337977.jpg
    20200619_093138_1592584337977.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
J

Jeff

Welcome Aboard!

Hi Debi and Chris:

Welcome aboard.

Another Heartland/Big Horn Lover!

Nice Truck too! That will handle the Big Horn with ease!

Keep us posted on all your adventures.

If Jim and I can help you in any way, just let us know.

Take Care.

Jeff

jbeletti

Hi Debi and Chris and welcome to the forum. It makes Jeff and I happy to hear that you found the forum helpful. Makes all the work putting it up and keeping it running worth it!

Last year was my first real year of camping and I too was a newbie and a little scared at first. I'd like others to chime in with a lot more helpful newbie hints but let me kick it off with a couple:

1. Read the manuals for the equipment that comes with your rig

2. Take it slow - don't rush to use everything at once. Make sure you know how to use an appliance or system first

3. DO NOT pull the little pin in the black switch outside on the water heater unless you really mean to power the water heater from electricity instead of LP gas and then ONLY when you have made sure the heater tank is full of water or you will blow your electric heating element (been there!)

4. Don't leave your awning open when leaving your campsite for more than a few minutes unless you are certain that no winds are on their way. A strong sudden gust of wind can lift up and damage if not destroy an awning and damage the trailer as well.

Well, those are just my few quickies - mostly common sense type items but worth reviewing.

May is not far away - best of luck and we look forward to hearing more from you on this forum. Feel free to ask all of us anything.

Jim

rosco

Welcome... I look forward to joining you in about 17 months...Boy that seems far away..Enjoy your new rig and keep us posted on your new adventures... You will find a lot of nice folks on this forum..

Dusty

Welcome to the club

Hi Debi

I just took delivery on my Bighorn 3500 tuesday 4-12-05. Linda and I are fellow Texans, we live a little east of Austin. We had a Terry 5th wheel before and traded it in on this one. If you guys have never towed a 5ver before, be aware that it cuts the corners much quicker than a bumper pull type. ( found out the hard way, almost damaged my terry the first trip. learned to make wide turns in a hurry) Maybe we will see you guys on the road somewhere. Whitney State park is a nice place to camp.

Dusty & Linda