Pulltab's Plumbing Issues on new Bighorn

Pulltab

This one is not so good, I pulled the front part of underbelly down last night and when I did I got a shower of water that was being retained! Thought maybe it was just from a leaking hose the dealer had hooked up but this morning there was more on the floor!:mad: Now I have to locate that and it is a well hidden part of the hosing mess. Don't know if it is a connection they made that is bad or a hole. I had my concerns when we looked at the unit because they had a big hole sliced open on the bottom, I have a feeling it was to drain water that had collected!:mad::mad::mad: Said they checked it out and no problems!

billd

Check all of the water hose connections to the hot water heater. Mine had two loose connections and the only way we found it was hooked up to city water pressure.

Once they were tightend we have been good since then.

Bill

Uncle Rog

Pulltab, make sure all the tank vent lines are outside of the liner, one of mine was draining inside the skin..........my water heater had loose connections also...easy fix...

ChopperBill

Might pull off the panel in the storage compartment that goes to the back side of the docking station and check for loose fittings. My black tank flush hose wasn't even hooked up! You can imagine what would have happened if I would have tried to flush the tank with no hose hooked up to that fitting!

Pulltab

Thank for all the suggestions guys. ;) I have had the basement compartment open since I brought it home, you know it's one of those guy things! Think the problem was coming from the shower issues I posted in Ask the factory section. I'm slowly getting her narrowed down and working on putting it back together. I next have to pull down the back section and check out the water tank for issues some of you have spoke about. I think I am doing is wrapping all wire nuts when I find them. I use what is called Rescue tape to seal all connections. I also wrap propane connections and water connections with this stuff as it seals pressure so it helps to prevent a water leak developing and rattling loose during travel. Works great on electrical connections because once you wrap it tight it seals out water and is also an insulator for electricity.

Last edited:

Pulltab

Uncle Rog, after your suggestion I checked my water heater and the cold line was loose connection at the WH. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I was thinking it was remnant water from my shower leak seeping out and dripping. Shower seems to be fixed now and the water heater tightened up and all my other fitting on the back of docking station seem to be tight and dry.:eek:

Once again this is why EVERYONE should check regular for leaks in these areas as they are not necessarly the factory's fault but the rattling that RV's take driving down the road. I always check whatever connections I can get to about every 3 months. Believe me, water is not an RV's friend! :eek:

HappyKayakers

ChopperBill said:
Might pull off the panel in the storage compartment that goes to the back side of the docking station and check for loose fittings. My black tank flush hose wasn't even hooked up! You can imagine what would have happened if I would have tried to flush the tank with no hose hooked up to that fitting!

I don't have to imagine. First time I tried to backflush last year DW asked if water should be leaking out the door side of the 5er :eek:

Uncle Rog

Pulltab, I also had the problem with the tub access cover not sealed. It was intermittent as you discovered, good catch, keep checking. Once you get those issues figured out have a good time!