Adding a 2nd AC to 3055 Bighorn

patrick1945

I want to add a 2nd AC to the bedroom in my 2009 3055 and am interested in finding suggestions on the size etc. The FW will be used in Florida from October thru April.

thank you

goldenbetty

goldenbetty
There is a previous discussion regarding this, Patrick, on the forum. You could do a search and find it I'm sure. We have a 3055 as well, and we put the 11,000 Penguin (Duotherm low profile) over the bedroom. We live in New Orleans, camp close to home at this time, including Florida, so you are doing the right thing. We put the low profile because of our storage building. The central 13,500 is also a low profile.

Good luck.

We have a low profile 13,500 unit in the bedroom on our 3055.
What ever unit you get, make sure it is low profile.

Peteandsharon

We put the 9000 BTU Polar Cub in our 3055 bedroom. It works great. At the time I was told that it is possible to overdo this. If your unit is too strong then it can cycle off too soon and you don't dehumidify enough. That made sense to me and we have been happy.

Pete

Sumo

Are you still happy with the 9000 BTU A/C? I have a 27 ft North Trail 5th Wheel and the 13.5 A/C that isn't keeping our trailer cool on the hot summer day.
I'm looking at either putting a second A/C or going to the 15000.
Also, are you running both A/C with a generator?

thanks Darrell

donr827

We put the 9000 BTU Polar Cub in our 3055 bedroom. It works great. At the time I was told that it is possible to overdo this. If your unit is too strong then it can cycle off too soon and you don't dehumidify enough. That made sense to me and we have been happy.

Pete
Agree with Pete. For the small area of the bedroom the 9000 btu would be more then adequate.
Don