packing!

zurn

We are counting the days and checking lists. Don't know if it is more fun getting ready or the actual trip. Husband is worried about the weightbut it is always my"stuff"that comes in question. How much does my clothes weigh than his? tee hee! Actually we are so ready to go and usually start a couple days early because we get so excited. Hope to see some fall colors--Carol

GETnBYE

Re: packng!

Hi Carol,
I am just like you with the packing. Hubby says I would rather plan a trip than to go on one. I am learning to pack less now, after having to unload so much unused stuff when we get home. We are heading to the Smokies, I don't need to see fall colors, I need to see flames from a campfire and smell some burgers cooking.
Have fun.
Nita

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired

Man all the guys are the same!!! Kenny always says my stuff is to heavy. When he has as much as I do I hang my stuff and he folds his his side of the closet is almost empty. He has two tool box's full of tools and they aren't heavy come on oh well that's another man thing!!LOL!!!

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired

We are counting the days and checking lists. Don't know if it is more fun getting ready or the actual trip. Husband is worried about the weightbut it is always my"stuff"that comes in question. How much does my clothes weigh than his? tee hee! Actually we are so ready to go and usually start a couple days early because we get so excited. Hope to see some fall colors--Carol

Where are you headed, Carol? We'll be pulling out on Wednesday - headed to Elizabethtown, KY for 10 days. We started fulltiming in April and this will be our first 'real' trip since then...I'm so excited...I don't have to pack! Everything is already here! :)

Paul & Nan

We will be near you come next Friday night. We will be in Campbellsville, KY for 3 months, working for Amazon.com. Give a shout if you come that way. Nan

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired

We will be near you come next Friday night. We will be in Campbellsville, KY for 3 months, working for Amazon.com. Give a shout if you come that way. Nan

Now you've got me curious...what will you be doing with Amazon. Maybe we could meet for lunch or dinner - we're always up for meeting other RVers....especially Heartlanders!

Paul & Nan

Now you've got me curious...what will you be doing with Amazon. Maybe we could meet for lunch or dinner - we're always up for meeting other RVers....especially Heartlanders!

We will be either in receiving or shipping, will not know till the 26th. Work 4 10 hr days. They are still hiring if you are interested, they pay RV site, electric, and a good wage, plus a bonus at the end. Would love to meet up with you guys. PM with phone #, or we should be at Heartland RV park in Campbellsville on Friday afternoon.

phix

We will be either in receiving or shipping, will not know till the 26th. Work 4 10 hr days. They are still hiring if you are interested, they pay RV site, electric, and a good wage, plus a bonus at the end. Would love to meet up with you guys. PM with phone #, or we should be at Heartland RV park in Campbellsville on Friday afternoon.

That is fascinating and very smart of Amazon to bring campers in for the peak periods. It won't work for us this year, but thanks for the info for next year! Hope you enjoy your working adventure.

zurn

anita and wayne--we are also headed for the rockies-our son is the public works director for estes park colorado. We stay at boyd lake in loveland as we can't get our heartland up his mt driveway. then we head for Texas. Will return in Feb unless we finally sell our home! Fat chance! where are you headed Carol

GETnBYE

Zurn, we are going to the Smokies. Will probably be a long while before I see the Rockies. Have a good trip.
Nita

phix

Zurn, we are going to the Smokies. Will probably be a long while before I see the Rockies. Have a good trip.
Nita

The Smokies are not too far for us to go. Do you have a favorite place to stay that you can recommend?

zurn

Hi-we stay at boyd lake State Park in Loveland Colorado. It is really nice super clean sites and friendly park personel. it is close to Estes park which is a great place up in the mts. Rv sites in Estes are very expensive and hard to get in and out of so loveland is great! We are going to be there from October fourteenth to the twenty fifth. hope to see the foilage but we may be to late but we will see lots of elk! Let us know if you will be in the area--carol

GETnBYE

The Smokies are not too far for us to go. Do you have a favorite place to stay that you can recommend?

We like "Up the Creek RV Camp" : small but very nice large sites, and River Plantation: nice sites, very clean bath house, nice pools, but it is a very large park and not secluded and private, very close to outlet shopping.

RanCarr

We always get excited starting a few days before a trip or camp-out. But with a few years experience with a TT, we have it down pat. It doesn't take us long to load up. :) He's never complained about what I take with us. I only take what we really need and the clothes I will wear.

RanCarr

Hi Carol,
I am just like you with the packing. Hubby says I would rather plan a trip than to go on one. I am learning to pack less now, after having to unload so much unused stuff when we get home. We are heading to the Smokies, I don't need to see fall colors, I need to see flames from a campfire and smell some burgers cooking.
Have fun.
Nita

There you go! When we bought our first TT, a 13' Sunline with more storage space than you can imagine such a small TT, I brought everything but the kitchen sink. :p I learned fast to cut back to what was "needed" and no more. I not only love the smell of campfires and cooking chops, burgers and steaks... but this time of year the leaf peeping also becomes important. What is more beautiful than fall in and around the campgrounds?

RanCarr

Where are you headed, Carol? We'll be pulling out on Wednesday - headed to Elizabethtown, KY for 10 days. We started fulltiming in April and this will be our first 'real' trip since then...I'm so excited...I don't have to pack! Everything is already here! :)

You now miss the excitement of getting ready for a new trip. :D Actually, I would love to close up our house and hit the road for a year or two. :) Ya know, just wander here, there and everywhere to see new areas and meet new people...... an old gal can dream.

zurn

Hi we are headed on a four month trip first to land-between the lakes in kentucky then on to loveland colorado for a kids and grandkids fix. we then head to tioga texas to visit our grand-daughter and her husband then to port aransas texas until feb. Counting the days! carol