No Cable or Satellite feed through to tv

I have a 2011 greystone 32RL. We haven't gone anywhere with it yet but I tried hooking up a Satellite dish to it to check it out and make sure things work. I can't get a feed through the unit, I haven't checked the bedroom yet but will do that today. I had it in to the dealer two days ago and they spent the day working on it. Said they thought they had it fixed but when I got it home, it still doesn't work through either the cable hook up or the Satellite. Any Suggestions?? Driving me crazy, I don't want to have to bring the cable in through a window on a $50,000.00 rig!

danemayer

A couple of things:

Many models have pre-wired satellite connections in the roof, which gives you 4 satellite coax connectors in the UDC (see attachment). If you have this, the labels could be wrong.

Assuming that's not the problem, next connect a tv to the satellite receiver and connect the receiver directly to the dish (without using the RV's cable at all) to verify the satellite dish, receiver and tv connections all work.

If everything works without using the RV wiring, and doesn't work with the RV wiring, check the coax connectors in the RV. A lot of people have reported problems with the crimps.

Attachments

• Rushmore UDC COAX Wiring.pdf
    10.9 KB · Views: 54

tonyl

titanium5er
I have had bad crimps. One other thing to note, make sure your TV is set to cable and it is not on the antenna.
Tony

SGeohagan

I bought a coax tester at Home Depot and found our BH had the satellite coax going to the living room terminating in the udc at the roof top hookup for the bedroom. Disconnected and hooked it to where it should be. Bedroom worked when I hooked direct. If I ever install a roof top sat then I'll have to check to make sure those cables are in the right place.

Suzy

I appreciate the input! In the outer hook up compartment I have a cable and a Satelite co-ax connection both marked. I have hooked a line direct to the receiver I have below the TV, that works fine. In the compartment I removed the screws and found the two lines, one white and one black. Behind the tv when I took the outlet cover off I found the same one white and one black only switched. I have tried both lines every which way but can't get a feed through. I've taken off the unit in the ceiling in the bedroom and have two feed in lines and one out. When taking off the infeed on the far right (outside) and hooking up direct to the satelite I get a feed through to the TV with the power booster on but not with it off. I can't get a feed through from the other line in at all. I can't get digital signal over the antenna where I live but I did get tv at the dealer in Duluth MN. So I know it is hooked up to the antenna, I got that with or without the power booster. The DVD works fine too.
I looked under the Entertainment slide out and found a spliced connection, after undooing that I hooked the Satellite direct and can get a feed from there.

I'm not sure if it is pre-wired for satelite to the roof or not as I can't see any other line up there but the antenna.

danemayer

If I understand what you found, when you hooked the dish to the connector under the slide, the entertainment center connection worked. If that's right, the wire from under the slide back to the UDC must have a problem; probably with one of the connectors.

If you have only 1 satellite connection in the UDC, I'm wondering how the signal gets to both living room and bedroom. I looked at the Sundance COAX diagram in the tools section. Looks like the cable connection is supposed to double as a satellite feed line. I would expect the TV amplifer set ON might screw up the satellite signal on that line, just as it does to cable signals. Maybe your Greystone has a similar cable layout.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip on the tools Icon, I haven't explored the site much. After viewing them (the Greystone isn't listed), It looks like mine is close to the Bighorn except for the wire to the roof satelite. So the satelite wire must go straight to the tv only and the cable and antena are the only lines to the tv booster. That narrows it down but I still can't figure out why it wont travel through the cable line?? I'm going to try different connectors on all the cables that are affected, not sure if I have enough on hand but I can switch them.

Ricoh

Past Ontario Chapter Leader
I had a problem with cable at a campground and they called a cable guy to check things out. Everything on their end checked out ok so he came in and looked at our setup. He tested and then said to turn off the antenna booster and it should work. It did and has been working ever since. Go figure. I have told the same thing to 4 different people and it worked every time ( for cable feed)

Rick

antenna booster, using the satellite connection to the living room worked great on mine but the bed room would not because of the booster. It didn't like cable tv or my satellite in the bed room ahd to bypass it. If you want HD you need two cables.

At my booster I only have the antenna feed and the cable feed. Problem there is I can't get the Satelite to feed through the cable co ax either. I have tried so many things it is crazy. I've turned on the booster all of the different attempts and turned it back off to see if it worked with or without it on. I've changed all the connectors that I have access to but the satelite wire it is black at the outside connection and white at the under side of the ET slide out, so I know there is a coupler in the underbelly. The only other black line is from the booster to the cable connection at the TV.

Last edited:
Bypassing the booster allowed me to get the cable feed to work all the way to the tv.
I hate to think of taking the underbelly cover off to fix the satellite connection. does anybody know if you can pull these through to feed a new wire or are they held in too tight through the frame?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I have run a second satellite feed to the rear on more than one coach. It is actually pretty simple.
Remove the wall in the basement to access the connections and feed a coax down to the belly. Just remove the screws (7/16) on the off door side and feed the wire to the rear. You will have to decide where you want to enter the coach. I fished mine up next to the original. I use two feeds for DVR.

Peace
Dave

jnbhobe

Cookie,
What do you mean by "the wall". are you talking about the cover for the underbelly?

No he is talking about the wall in the storage compartment on the udc side ( left side behind the docking center ) there are 3 screws in the left rear corner of the docking center and 4 to 6 in the panel in the storage compartment. You will find most everything you need in there, including the water pump, converter,HW tank,and most of your cable and satellite conections.

Good to go!
First off I want to thank everyone for taking the time to educate a newbee. It's been thirty years since we owned our last fifth wheel and it wasn't quite like this one!
Here is how it played out.
As suggested I took out the wall in the basement and found the location where the lines feed through to the underbelly. Next I undid four self tapping screws for the underbelly pan nearest the ET slideout. I found the cable line feeding through and the Satellite line coming from the TV, it was coupled with another cable that I could not trace. Then I found a cable connected to nothing. I traced it and found it was the satellite feed. I disconnected the satellite line leading to the TV and re-connected it to the Sat. in feed line and I am good to go.
I tried figuring out what the other feed was for but could not without opening up more than I wanted, I just taped it off. My cable line works through but only if I bypass the power booster. The Dvd works and so does the Satellite, and only two lines feed through to the belly behind the wall.
The only thing I can figure is that there is a Satellite feed to the roof. I can't figure out where it exits and it is strange that it does not go to the bedroom. Oh well, new model maybe new plan.
Thanks again!

First trip is to the Branson area this fall. Just want to get the kinks out before we go!

jnbhobe

There sould be two satellite feeds to the roof, one for front one for the back. They are for a roof mounted antenna for satellite and should be around one of your ceiling speakers. There may be some differences as I don't know what rig you have.

I have a 2011 Greystone 32 RL

There sould be two satellite feeds to the roof, one for front one for the back. They are for a roof mounted antenna for satellite and should be around one of your ceiling speakers. There may be some differences as I don't know what rig you have.[/QUOTE]

wdk450

Gang:
There is probably some misunderstanding about the antenna amplifier and how it works in regards to the satellite feeds. Satellite feeds are in a higher frequency band than the VHF/UHF broadcast TV signals. Radio frequency amplifiers like the antenna amplifier have a specified range of frequencies they are tuned to amplify, and will actually inhibit the passage of signals outside that specified range. When the amplifier is turned off, the input cable is directly connected to the output cable by a switching relay (and not through the frequency tuned amplifier circuitry), so the bandwidth delivered is only limited by the coaxial cable's characteristics.