Another new BC 3650 owner

Hi all,
We have used our new rig for 3 weeks now and love it but have found a few little problems. I love the fireplace but it sometimes won't turn on ???
We read that it has an overheat sensor but after being off all night - it wouldn't turn on in the morning. About an hour later I tried and it worked?
Has anyone else had problems with it? The other issue is we can't find the water shut off for the ice maker? We traced the line from the fridge right
through to the underbelly but couldn't find it. Any help would be appreciated.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Joyanthony, welcome to the forum. Plenty of good info here on this forum.
Your fireplace has a thermostat on it. Have you tried adjusting that? It may be set a little to low.
There have been a few posts in the past having to do with a broken wire that needed to be soldered. However, these were not working at all.
Your ice maker shut off valvle is most likely behind the wall in the basement on the off door side. You may have an access door, or you may have to remove that panel. There are a couple of screws in the UDC that help hold it in.

Peace
Dave

Thanks Dave.
The fireplace is frustrating because I have adjusted the thermostat and it still 'sometimes' comes on and 'sometimes' doesn't.
Sometimes the remote works and sometimes it doesn't - almost like a tempermental child.
Hubby will take some time again to find the ice maker shut off valve. He didn't remove any panels so I'm sure he will look
into it and see what he can find.
Joy

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Sorry I can't help with your specific questions...our BC does not have a thermostat on the fireplace, just a remote, and no ice-maker. But...congratulations on your new rig! The Big Country's are awesome rigs and I hope you enjoy yours as much as we enjoy ours!

Best Wishes!

Thanks Steve & AnaLyn. We love it so far. We also spend most of our RV time in Washington State
so maybe we will meet up with you sometime. :)
Joy

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulation on your new BC3650. We also are new owners of the BC3650 and love it. Funny you asked about the fireplace - we are vacationing at the beach in SC and are having to use the fireplace. As of yet, no problems. I have the thermostat set at 68-70 and it hasn't cycled off. We did turn it off to go out to eat and when we return, didn't have any problems turning it back on. I would double check with your dealer since it's hopefully still in warranty. Good luck and travel safely.

Thanks Nathan & Byrd. We love to use the fireplace but it's frustrating when it only 'sometimes' work.
Will add it to the list when it goes in for service.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Thanks Steve & AnaLyn. We love it so far. We also spend most of our RV time in Washington State so maybe we will meet up with you sometime. :)
Joy

That would be great! Sorry you didn't have your rig for our first WA Rally on August 19th. Let us know when you're in the area!

Speedy

Add my wife and I to the of new 3650 owners. Picked up on 9/30 and have been shaking it down for ten days before heading home. So far no real problems or troubles; just learning the ropes of owning a 5er since we came from a popup. Biggest problem is finding things that we have put away in drawers or cabnets and remembering where they are.

It's been a long wait but well worth it!

Brandon.Prewitt

We got ours in May, I believe and have been full timing for work since. The valve is behind the UDC.
We haven't had any problems with our fireplace but we are in west Texas and just turn it on for ambiance not heat. Hey . . . I didn't know it had a remote. Maybe mine doesn't?

Hi Brandon & Kelli
We have been away for a couple of weeks this time and with it much colder now - we are using the fireplace a lot more and it seems to be working a lot more regularly. Maybe it just needed to be broken in. My hubby was in heaven when he saw all the remotes that came with this rig - typical man. It's almost like home except that now when he goes outside - he takes one in his pocket LOL just in case he needs to adjust the awning.
What is the UDC ???
Joy & Louis

Brandon.Prewitt

Sorry I was trying to be fancy with the acronyms. hahaa It's where your water hook ups and drain valves are. Universal Docking Center

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Joy, remember, there is no such thing as a stupid question. We're here to help. We were all noobies at one time or another.

Thanks! We have had other 5ers over the last 20 years but nothing as nice as this one. :) We just love this rig! I just wish we were able to go south this winter and spend more time in it.