Dealer Recommendation & questions- Sundance 2900MK

rolee

I just returned from the Hershey RV show. What an experience. We have had a pop up and Prowler pull trailer for many years and like the Sundance 2900MK. Never pulled a fifth wheel so am looking forward to all of the positive attributes I've heard. The Heartland forum seems to be an excellent source of advice and how-to, not to mention the forthcoming and helpful contributors.

I have spent a good deal of time calculating tow weights and reading the various comments. I have a 2004.5 Ram 2500 Cummins 5.9 Quad Cab short bed that seems to be close to the limit with respect to GCVW. Any comfort or warnings anyone could offer with respect to this configuration would be most appreciated.

If anyone has had experience with Leo's RV in Gambrills MD I'd be most grateful for your feed-back. They are the closest dealer.

Looking to spring for a 5th wheel next spring.

Thanks for all the reading material and look forward to posting a few as well.

Bob

jimtoo

HI Bob,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I can't help you with the dealer question, but your 2500 should be OK with the Sundance. I'm sure some of our other members will be able to give you an idea about the dealer.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

mlburst1

Hi Bob,

We've had our 2900MK for 1 1/2 years and we have only been home for a month since last December - we much prefer traveling and living in our Sundance!

We pull it with a crewcab shortbed with no problems - have never even had to use the slide on the hitch when manuvering in tight quarters.

After you get the best price from Leo's, I'd recommend that you call Chesapeake RV Solutions (866-432-0222) and see what deal they will work for you.

Even though they are four hours away, we saved thousands of dollars when we bought ours. It's a family run business who do whatever it takes to satisfy their customer and also provide outstanding service work.

Good luck.

Mike

Rrloren

Pulling the same trailer with my Dodge and it is not a problem. You should be fine , I would suggest looking into a set of airbags to level the truck when hooked up. Mine dropped about 2 1/2 " but by putting in 20-25 lbs. in the bags I'm right back to level.
I did not get a slider hitch and in 2 yrs. never have had a problem and I've made some very tight turns.
Good luck with your purchase.

rolee

Thanks so much. A non-slider seems to be the consesus. What was your hitch brand choice? Did you install the air bags? Again thanks for the advice.

Thanks so much for the feed back.

mlburst1

Bob,

The hitch is a Reese 16K slider - installed by the dealer as part of our deal.

I installed the Firestone air bags - took a Saturday afternoon to complete.

Mike

Rrloren

I installed the airbags on the floor in my garage, not difficult to do, no drilling and using simple tools.
My Dodge had a couple holes in the wheel well area and I ran the airlines to there. Easy to airup just over the tire.
My hitch is a non-slider Reese installed by the Dealer.