First Time Satellite setup......will this dish work??

lduguay

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Hello To My Favorite Forum!!

When we built our home 9 years ago, we had Dish Network installed.....after a couple years we switched to Time Warner and a few years later, back to Dish.

I found the from the first Sat Dish in our attic......will this work for the RV?? If so, what do I need.....tripod suggestion, aiming directions (on other forum post) or ANY suggestions.

Here are pics of the dish:

IMG_0746.jpgIMG_0748.jpgIMG_0745.jpgIMG_0747.jpg

Thanks in advance!!

Lance

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
As long as the LNBs are good it should work. Winguard has a tripod that you can get at Camping World. I use dish and just pull the receiver out of the spare bedroom. go into the setup and type in the zip code of where you are at and it will give you the directions to point the dish.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Will this work for your RV? I can say with absolute certainty....maybe.
Most likely it will work, but with all the advancement in technology you may miss out on some things like HD programing. Don't know, but maybe.
Your best best would set it up and see what happens. Or give Dish a call and maybe they would know.
As far as a tripod suggestion, I have THIS ONE. It works great for me.

Peace
Dave

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Are your receivers the same as when you used that dish? If not they may not be compatible. You can check with your local dish company to see if they are. The model of your receiver should be on the front. I have the tri-pod Cookie directed you to and love it. Super simple to set up. This web site has all the pointing info you will need. http://www.dishpointer.com/

lduguay

Nope, the original box is history. The current Dish Network system is HD. The newer dish box models are the ViP612DVR & ViP722DVR.

The tripod setups look good......any "homemade" suggestions or pics.

Guess I will set in the front yard with a tv, dish box and sat dish to "play".:eek:

Lance

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
That's what I'd do. If you go to the dish pointer site and put your address in the green line on the Google map will show you exactly where to point. Good Luck

lduguay

Guess I can sit on my deck and aim this dish the same direction as my current active dish:D

Thx!

That's what I'd do. If you go to the dish pointer site and put your address in the green line on the Google map will show you exactly where to point. Good Luck

rebootsemi

Guess I can sit on my deck and aim this dish the same direction as my current active dish:D

Thx!
Wish it was that easy, took me awhile to get the hang of it use http://www.satsig.net/maps/satellite-tv-dish-pointing-usa.htm to get the info for where to aim. Rigged up a compus to rough aim, then use the tv satellite program to fine tune. The skew and elevation are very important if you are off you will never it the satellites. The new smart phone EVO 4g has a satellite app and also a compus,,,,sweet.

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
The receiver models you listed are HD receivers and I do not think they will work with your Dish. The best thing to do is purchase a HD Dish like the Dish Model 1000.2 or 1000.4.