End of Season

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Another season at Camp Gotchurwallet has come to a close. We pulled the BH home yesterday to the storage yard (and promptly removed anything of value, posting signs to the fact). Overall, the rig behaved excellently, with no problems encountered with any of the appliances, no water leaks anywhere, and all systems functional. Tires and springs still look good, brakes worked fine on the drive home. The furnace got used quite a bit these last two weeks and did not fail. Only had to replace two light bulbs inside, as well.

Only hiccup was yesterday while retracting the rear stabilizers. I was pulling them up when I stopped to answer my cell phone (same wrong number dialer). Then there was no response from the switch?? Used the crank rod to get them up, then tried the switch again. Lowered a tad and stopped again. Recranked and called it good. Methinks it's the switch, but I didn't have time to fuss with it and it's raining today, so I'll look at it later. But the Reico-Titan Ground Control jacks worked flawlessly, with no leaking of electrons or hydraulic fluid (which it doesn't use).

Still a few items to remove from the rig and winterize it, but it was an excellent summer.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
John, you might want to double check for electron leaks. They are sneaky little buggers. Glad you had a good season. And just so you know, we have no intentions of visiting MI this winter.

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
gald your season went well and after one more time out we will also be putting ours to rest for the year without any problems. BTW we will not be visiting Mi this year because we're staying here. No sea glass searching for us

ihsolutions

This post is depressing.

Our season usually goes through end of October (Cedar Points Halloweekends) but this year we are taking the BH to Disney for a couple weeks in November. I'll do anything to delay that last trip to the storage yard....

rick_debbie_gallant

gald your season went well and after one more time out we will also be putting ours to rest for the year without any problems. BTW we will not be visiting Mi this year because we're staying here. No sea glass searching for us

We will save you some sea glass. We must have about 40 or 50 lbs of it right now. Saving it for when we are too old to bend over and pick it up.

BruteForce

Although I'm now in Utah and at elevation, our season never ends. I've taken the 5'er out on January 1st, in Feb, November, etc. We try to use it all season. As long as I can plow the driveway to extract the rig and there's no snow on the freeway, it's open season for camping.

Our favorite getaway is to head toward Vegas every Feb/March. While we may have 3' of snow on the lawn, its usually 60-80F in Vegas (a mere 6 hour drive South). We come home in a blizzard with sunburns!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Hey John & Darlene, glad you had a good season with no issues to speak of. I finally got around to banging out my rear tool box today. Remember that little crushing incident?:eek: It actually turned out pretty good. We'll be heading SE in about a month. We're getting antsy to hit the highway. Have a safe and uneventful winter.