ATF: Road Warrior - Dinette Folding Down To Bed

cgintx

The other day we went to fold down the dinette into a bed and when using the two seat backs, there is about a two foot gap between the cushions. Is there supposed to be another cushion to fill the gap or are we doing something wrong?

dwallace

It seems the dinette does not make for a good bed. I have the RW405 and when going through the inspection with the dealer, we never got it figured out as to how thats suppose to work. We concluded it was not ment to be a bed. Turning the table top around makes it workable in a real pinch. But I'd be afraid of it doing some damage if it slips out.

Good luck

Dan

cgintx

I have never heard of a dinette that does not fold down to a bed unless there is a table and chairs. Anyone at Heartland want to chime in?

BruteForce

In our 395, the table is removed and stored, then the bed can be unfolded. We have extra space in the rear, but it's required to accommodate the inflatable mattress.

Urban350

You should have a cushion that is loose about 2 feet wide that should fit in there. When I picked up my trailer it was just loose on the bed in the back.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Call Heartland Customer Service directly and ask them about the additional cushion. Fastest way to get the correct answer.

Vtxkid

We have the "bench seats" with the table in the garage... Remove the table and fold down the back of the bench seats and you have two twin beds which we have used on occasions... the back of the bench seats have two legs each attached for extra support to the deck when they are folded flat. I know Heartland has designed some of the newer units where their is no gap between them when folded down. Ours is a 2011 Cyclone that we bought July of 2010...

Sandpirate69

I have the RW305 and the same bench/table configuration. Mine doesn't have a foot gap, maybe 3 or 4 inches. I had to take mine back to the dealer because it was binding. But other than that , it's worked great. Contact HL maybe they installed cushions for another model.