Well this blows my skirt up!

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
I just got home around 2100 and the wife has been loading the trailer to leave tomorrow and tells me we have a leak. The mat in front of the shower was soaked. It is like someone poured a half gallon or so water on it but I can't find where it came from. The trailer has been sitting no water connected and no water in the tank. We did get about 2" of rain three days ago. Skylight or vent show no signs of water coming in.

Like I said, It blows my skirt up.

I'll get on top tomorrow and check the skylight and vent but???????

Any ideas?

branson4020

Icantre Member
One possibility is that you have a leak around the shower valve on the back wall of the shower. Water flows down the back wall and under the shower pan. It sits there until you park at the right angle and then it oozes out the front.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
One possibility is that you have a leak around the shower valve on the back wall of the shower. Water flows down the back wall and under the shower pan. It sits there until you park at the right angle and then it oozes out the front.

Thanks, I'll pull the inspection plug and take a look.

Jimmy

Have you had rain or washed the RV, maybe the the roof vent had a leak around the edge or was open just a bit...

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
I can't tell that any water has been leaking in the shower controls. We are not leaving till in the morning (I thought yesterday was today) when we get to camp I'll check after I have water hooked up.

We did get rain and DW says that the vent was fully closed. I'll keep my eyes on it as well. Its suppose to rain Thursday while we are at Guthrie, OK.

Paul_W

You may want to check your outside shower. Ours is located behind the bathroom sink/vanity. We have had water on the floor in exactly the same place when the shower supply hose was not connected tightly behind the wall. Perhaps there is a seal problem around the outside shower door or it was not closed tightly during the rain. Good luck!

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
You may want to check your outside shower. Ours is located behind the bathroom sink/vanity. We have had water on the floor in exactly the same place when the shower supply hose was not connected tightly behind the wall. Perhaps there is a seal problem around the outside shower door or it was not closed tightly during the rain. Good luck!

LOL! Done been through that. On our maiden voyage with this trailer I found that out the hard way. Bear was still alive and I was going to fill his water bowl up using the outside shower. I did and a little later I hear DW in the bathroom yelling. The connections under the sink were only "started" No one ever tightened them up. So to sum it up....that was the first place I checked.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
OK, nothing under the sink, nothing that i can find in the shower connections thruogh the inspection plug, not the toilet and it rained cats and dogs last night and I found nothing leaking from the vent or skylight. Results: My skirlt is still blown up! LOL.

The only thing left is the drain. I'll see what happens when I move the trailer in the morning. I'm starting to think that the wife is just messing with me.

TomMar

Retired Texas-South Chapter Leader
Hastey;
If I can add my 2cts. When you checked the outside shower did you check the plastic/PVC manifold? My Bighorn (old rig) developed a crack, in the outside shower, that only showed up when I turned the faucet connection on. I had water leaks that were very difficult to find. I had to replace the manifold. Easy to d but a real PITA.

Good luck,

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Hastey;
If I can add my 2cts. When you checked the outside shower did you check the plastic/PVC manifold? My Bighorn (old rig) developed a crack, in the outside shower, that only showed up when I turned the faucet connection on. I had water leaks that were very difficult to find. I had to replace the manifold. Easy to d but a real PITA.

Good luck,

I'll give that a look while I'm still hooked to water. If thats the case I'll get my pex plugs out and cap it off.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
OK, I give up, cant find anything. I'll just wait and see if it happens again. Thanks for all the help.

Brandon.Prewitt

I was getting water in my under sink cabinet that ran onto the floor, the problem was the sink drain was loose. Tightened it and its good now. Sounds like you've checked that though. Hope you find it.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
I found it! While sitting here it the much need rain in Canton TX at our Rally. It's coming out around a screw in the shower skylight.

Now I have to decide if I'm going to fix it myself or take it to the dealer. Still under warranty. Will probably fix it myself instead of having to drag it to Muskogee and mess with that. Probably would cost less than the fuel for the 90 mile round trip.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
It's good that you found where it's coming into the coach, now the trick is finding where it's getting into the roof. Good Luck Rex, let us know how it all works out.

TeJay

Hastey,
You mentioned a dealer in Muskogee. Would that happen to be Earl's RV?? We bought our NT 24-RBS from Earl. He's a nice guy but he did lead us a stray on a few items and we do have a dealer that's only about 15 miles from us that is really top-notch.

TeJay

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Hastey,
You mentioned a dealer in Muskogee. Would that happen to be Earl's RV?? We bought our NT 24-RBS from Earl. He's a nice guy but he did lead us a stray on a few items and we do have a dealer that's only about 15 miles from us that is really top-notch.

TeJay

Yes it was Earl's, but, I haven't had any issues with them.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Well Alrighty Then!

I did not know that the skylights were two layers or they were not on S.O.B. Anyway, that's what I'm thinking. The skylight on top of the trailer was cracked and patched with lap seal at the factory. They just run a bead of lap seal down the crack. I pulled it off and plastered the skylight sides with lap seal. It was letting water collect under the two layers and would not leak out until we moved or built enough up. I hope it fixes the problem temporary and I'll replace it when I get home from MI. So something for you guys to keep an eye on.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Too bad it didn't get replaced at the factory. Do you do your own roof cleaning? I'm just wondering if maybe it was cracked and repaired by someone other than the factory and went un-noticed till now. Hope it solves the leak anyway.