Design Change Ideas

ptarthur2

Just returned from a week long camping trip to the Gulf coast in our MPG 183 and the following ideas regarding design changes occured to us:

Electrical outlets are needed in the front of the 183 model above the table.

A quieter air-conditioning unit and an additional lower fan speed would be great.

Add windows that can be opened in the back of the camper, one at the back of each bunk would be nice. We just couldn't seem to get enough airflow inside the camper after turning off the air conditioner and opening the existing windows and doors when the outside temp turned cooler.

Something to hold cabinet doors above the stove open while you remove items from inside, maybe some type of spring or a clip like on the outside storage compartment doors.

Front stablizer jacks.

Add a C channel along the entire bottom edge of the camper on the entry door side to hold the screen skirt that comes with the dome awning.

kb0zke

Just returned from a week long camping trip to the Gulf coast in our MPG 183 and the following ideas regarding design changes occured to us:

Electrical outlets are needed in the front of the 183 model above the table.

A quieter air-conditioning unit and an additional lower fan speed would be great.

Add windows that can be opened in the back of the camper, one at the back of each bunk would be nice. We just couldn't seem to get enough airflow inside the camper after turning off the air conditioner and opening the existing windows and doors when the outside temp turned cooler.

Something to hold cabinet doors above the stove open while you remove items from inside, maybe some type of spring or a clip like on the outside storage compartment doors.

Front stablizer jacks.

Add a C channel along the entire bottom edge of the camper on the entry door side to hold the screen skirt that comes with the dome awning.

Yes, a quieter air conditioner would sure be nice, as would a quieter furnace. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like there are to be. Heartland has stopped production of the mpg "for now." As for the catch to hold the cabinet doors open, I've wondered about that, too. I think the next time I'm at the dealer's or Camping World I'll see if I can't find something. My biggest concern is what to attach it to. No matter how light something is, I like to attach it to something solid if at all possible.

PapaMikey

Concerning the two cabinet doors above the stove. In my 181, the doors do stay open. It is the type of hinge they used on mine I guess, but they do stay open.