Winterizing

Sandpirate69

I put this post up yesterday & lost where I posted it. Anyway, I need some help on understanding the reason for winterizing. I live in South Florida. My rig may sit for about 3 months before being used. From this date to about Jan of the new year I will be using it every other weekend for Hunting Season. Therefore, it will sit from about Feb to April or May. If the economy picks up, then it will sit less time. Please advise on the reason for winterizing and if it would be a benefit for me.

Thanks,

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
unless you are in an area where you suffer from Sub Freezing Temps - there is no need to winterize your camper. Weatherization is something that we must do in the colder climate areas...

Kevin

danemayer

Kevin's correct - in south Florida you wouldn't need to weatherize - except for the once in a very long while when an arctic blast drops your temps below freezing. If you don't winterize, and there's a freeze warning, you'll need to take action - maybe as simple as pull the rig out of storage and run the furnace on the night the temperature drops below freezing.

Sandpirate69

I want to thank you guys for clarifying the winterizing question. I figured that was it's purpose, but wasn't sure. I haven't seen too many HeartLand Rigs down here in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. If there are any out there and you read this post, reach out to me. Furthermore, if your passing through maybe down to the Keys give me jingle.