Water Pressure

Two Hands

I did a site search and sure enough others have had the same problem. The water pressure is so low the kitchen sprayer only dribbles. I will get a pressure guage, but what is the highest factory recommended pressure?

cjbearden

Visitor
My husband, J.D., says 50 psi. We did have just the basic ShurFlo in our BH and I was continually complaining about the poor water pressure (19 psi). Recently had it switched out to ShurFlo High Pressure, two stage unit and now we can get up to 50 psi and life is so much sweeter! :D

CJ

Two Hands

Thank you for the information. I did a quick search in Camping World and found a regulator with guage, but there was no mention of a brand. Might that be the one you are talking about?

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Two Hands said:
Thank you for the information. I did a quick search in Camping World and found a regulator with guage, but there was no mention of a brand. Might that be the one you are talking about?

I believe Camping World carrys the brands made by Watts. ---Ken

cjbearden

Visitor
Two Hands, our ShurFlo was replaced by Heartland through RV Capital in Elkhart as part of recent repairs we had done. Contact Jim Fenner with Heartland Customer Service. 574-262-8030 Good Luck!

CJ

ct0218

I'm running a residential regulator @ 60 psi also, no problems. The residential is worth the difference in cost.

Gary Steeves

Two Hands, I have the exact problem with the kitchen faucet as you describe. I have the Shur-Flo high pressure pump. The bathroom faucet is fine, the shower is fine, the toilet is fine - just the kitchen faucet.

I wonder if there is a plumbing problem in the line to the faucet or something within the faucet itself. I checked the screen on the nozzel end and no debris there.

Any help anyone ???? Thanks !

K

Ken Washington

Gary & Two Hands,
Does your unit have a manifold that might be turned off just enough to cause this? Just a thought!

Ken

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
We have noticed the exact same thing, our kitchen faucet doesn't have near the pressure the rest of the faucets do..../Doug

tcbrady

I would recommend that you remove the pull out handle from the hose and check the pressure directly at the hose. If the pressure is sufficient then the likely cause is lime build up or sand/gravel/plastic shaving caught in the inner screen.

Niles

We have this problem also, except when using city water, when we use our pump we have good pressure. When you replaced the faucet did the dealer do it or did you get one yourself.

Gary Steeves

Niles, we had the dealer do it, since we were on the road and passing by his location anyway. It was difficult to remove large "nut" under the sink - with 1 person holding the nut below and another turning the faucet base from above. Once that was off, the rest was easy.

I don't know why the large nut was so difficult to remove as the coach is only 2 months old - hopefully, yours will turn easier.

Gary

regan

Regan
Kitchen Sink pressure problem

We had the same problem, took it to dealer, they figured it out after much diagnosis. Good pressure when using pump, bad when on city. Turned out a small metal shaving had made its way to the faucet, a restricter is located somewhere in the flexible line that pulls out from faucet. When the lower pump pressure was used it did not press so hard on the debris, and actually had adequate pressure. But when you put full city pressure (40lb regulator) it pushed harder on the debris and restricted flow. They cleaned that out and now it works perfect! Very difficult to diagnose because you would think if you have good pump pressure, you would have good city pressure.

grizzlygiant

My dealer installed a water filter in the shore water in-line. This filter caused a significant pressure drop. When I used a pressure regulator on the hose entering the system (45 psi regulator) the pressure after the filter would not operate the kitchen sink. I re-plumbed the filter so that the pressure regulator was after the filter and now the kitchen faucet works OK.